The Sewing Place

Scissor recommendations please

classical retro

Re: Scissor recommendations please
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2021, 10:54:06 AM »

So Chic

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2021, 17:15:56 PM »
I seem to use my Kai scissors more than the Fiskars, however, I also have a pair of very small Kai which I do not like as they seem very flimsy.  I use a very old pair of Singer scissors solely for cutting paper.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Marniesews

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2021, 17:50:46 PM »
I have to admit to being pretty sceptical about the newspaper listing @classical retro as whenever I look at them there seems to be odd selections that smack of influence other than testing. Not the case here though.

I have their first 3 myself albeit my Kai shears have micro-serrations (even better I think) but I'd agree with the order. Actually I have other brands too (Karen Kay Buckley for example) so I might not have included the Fiskars Amplify as mine blunted in only a couple of months of using them for cutting lycra while my Westcott Titanium Ultra Smooth were half the price and are still going strong after miles of lycra cutting.

If anyone with self-sharpening facilities would like my Fiskars for the cost of postage, they are welcome to them.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 17:59:51 PM by Marniesews »
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.