The Sewing Place

IVIYE Patterns

sewmuchmore

IVIYE Patterns
« on: August 03, 2020, 17:53:59 PM »
Just come across this site. @UttaRetch you think Vogue at £17 is eyewatering wait till you see the price of this.  :faints:
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

UttaRetch

Re: IVIYE Patterns
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 18:23:31 PM »
Seriously, $27 to make this:scream:

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 20:49:43 PM »
 :rolleyes: I  never trust a pattern company that touts its expansive size range then the only photos are from one end of the range. I'd like to see a size 2 in these garments.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Sewbusy

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 04:36:18 AM »
That pattern is typical of what is being lauded today as the 'must have' latest fashion and design. Hence there are so many people walking round wearing what I think look like sacks or bags. Then again when there are so many morbidly obese people around, the shapeless piece of fabric that is neither flattering nor fitting has become the norm. Don't know why people don't just wear togas or shrouds.....

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 05:45:04 AM »
@Sewbusy you forgot to call it "couture" like the designer does. That word gets bandied about something fierce today often in ways to conjure up an association with haute couture where none exists.

Couture just means "fashionable made-to-measure clothes".

Sewbusy

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 07:12:38 AM »
@Renegade Sewist Oh yes, I also forgot to mention that most essential 'design detail' that is !

Apparently no garment should be without at least one or two or three, even wedding gowns and evening gowns are no exception. I'm surprised handbag makers haven't become obsolete due to the abundance of capacious pockets.

My next jacket will have a wine pocket, spritzer pocket, and a pocket on the wine pocket for a corkscrew, just in case... Henceforth I will no longer look like a bag lady, I'll be a pocket phenomenon.

Efemera

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 08:40:26 AM »
Too many  deluded designers out there...

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 09:04:37 AM »
Too many  deluded designers out there...

:dance:

Modern definitions:

Designer= someone who had an idea, not dependent on quality of the idea.
Couture = a garment made after taking someones measurements. Doesn't necessarily fit.

BrendaP

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 09:15:44 AM »
Couture just translates from French to mean sewn or seamed - so even a hessian sack is couture.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

UttaRetch

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 09:16:25 AM »
Oxymoron: unique.  There is nothing new in fashion.  It's all been done.

William

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 11:10:30 AM »
Hello-

What i cannot understand is the growing need of some companies to show unattractive models to show their wares. Keep in mind this has nothing to do with size. I found a dress that would be simply Fab for the Missus - but the agressiveness of the model was so dramatic there was no way that we would buy the pattern.

What are they thinking??? :facepalm:
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

Clareew

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 11:16:20 AM »
I was not at all tempted to part with my money for this ill fitting garment.

annieeg

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 13:57:10 PM »
 :x
I was not at all tempted to part with my money for this ill fitting garment.

UttaRetch

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 14:52:50 PM »
What i cannot understand is the growing need of some companies to show unattractive models ...

Really.  Seems rather judgemental to me and you are only buying the pattern, the model doesn't come with it.

Moving on, I like

but I ain't paying that price or wrangling a pdf, although I note there is a copy shop version.