The Sewing Place

New Look 6107

Gernella

New Look 6107
« on: August 06, 2020, 11:49:29 AM »
I wasn't sure of this from getting the fabric, seemed a bit what I call blowsy to me, I tend to go more on the demure side. Not a brilliant picture, cat stuff has got in the way of my sewing room mirror.

https://www.sewessential.co.uk/misses-skirt-and-blouse-new-look-sewing-pattern-6107?gclid=CjwKCAjw1K75BRAEEiwAd41h1Ht0TBsCYKSMpXDtYHkN8UCIr29DE0ayybmFTW3wde75esqYdmw4kxoCoEsQAvD_BwE

The pattern had loops on for buttonholes, which I did and removed, I didn't like them and mine seemed too big.  Buttonholes are easier for me. The buttons I bought for a McCalls dress, which I didn't like so used them but had to buy more and  guessed the wrong ones so similar but odd if someone gets really close and has an eagle eye.  I actually look as if I have a waist, when it's smoothed down.  I thought it was going to be a wadder but I think I might make it again.  The skirt works well as well and both easy to make.  I used french seams where I could.  It doesn't show on the pattern, or maybe a size bigger would have been better, but it parts at the bottom but that is actually the bit I like best, it makes it just that bit different from being just a blouse.  It's only buttoned on the protruding placket as well bound to fall  apart
if not tucked in.

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

sewingj

Re: New Look 6107
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 13:16:23 PM »
I made this 2 years ago and ditched it! Yours is much much better. I'm quite small busted and couldn't work out how to reduce the amount of fabric that is gathered so it ended up looking very puffy below the gathers

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 15:58:12 PM »
I'm quite small busted and couldn't work out how to reduce the amount of fabric that is gathered so it ended up looking very puffy below the gathers

What gathers are those @sewingj, I don't remember any, which isn't surprising with my attitude to patterns.  I'm an A cup, which in the scheme of boobs is bottom of the pile. 

I'd probably make it again, but only once more, DH likes it, and I just have to happen to have some really nice sheer fabric that will suit it.  V neckline is not my favourite either.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

sewingj

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 16:17:06 PM »
@Gernella  the top of each front piece is gathered into the yoke.  I think that as well as being small busted I am narrow across my upper chest and I ended up with too much fabric between the armhole and the v-neck
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 16:22:01 PM by sewingj »

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 20:11:02 PM »
Well I'm certainly not narrow on my upper chest.  I've found the gathers @sewingj  but there doesn't seem enough to give excess fabric, certainly not on me.

Ploshkin

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 21:26:56 PM »
I think yours looks great and a good fit.  I too have made this pattern and it wasn't quite right.  It was a bit too roomy at the front if I recall correctly and i found the V neckline too low.  Like you I don't normally wear V necklines.
Life's too short for ironing.

Gernella

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 10:30:08 AM »
Probably my builders back taking any excess fabric @Ploshkin .

coffeeandcake

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 14:36:02 PM »
That looks very nice @Gernella and I think your choice of fabric works very well.

Gernella

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2020, 18:54:09 PM »
That looks very nice @Gernella and I think your choice of fabric works very well.

Actually @coffeeandcake it was not as I remembered when buying and I'm still not sure.  It probably would not have got worn other than DH said he liked it.  It doesn't look too bad in the picture, in reality it's very bright and in your face. If I don't like something you can guarantee he will.