The Sewing Place

Cushions

Vegegrow

Cushions
« on: March 02, 2017, 10:55:17 AM »
Bought some gorgeous Voyage Wool in the  https://www.justfabrics.co.uk/  sale called Arran ..colour 'Salsa' and made these Cushions ...loved them and wandered back to get samples of some of the other colour ways  chose the 'granite' and a metre of the 'birch' arrived.. rang just fabrics.... had to send a photo and they have sent a metre of the granite and apologised saying keep the 'birch'... so what shall I do with it?  Suggested waistcoat to DH but he says he wouldn't wear it ...2nd pic birch with small sample of the granite
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Lowena

Re: Cushions
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 11:49:39 AM »
 More cushions??Thanks Vegegrow, I was going to ask if cushions were welcome on this thread  -< I love making cushions when I try out new blocks......... I know have far more patchwork cushions than anyone could possibly want / use / need  :D OH raises his eyes to heaven and says the perennial " Where's that going to go then?"  ><
Triumph of hope over experience :D

hernibs

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 13:40:48 PM »
Lovely cushion.....all gorgeous fabric......That was good of them to let you keep.
I like that company and have had fabric from them in the past.
If not more cushions, enough for a throw and unravel the edge to fringe?
Long ago and far away I asked an American flight attendant (then called hostesses) for a cushion, she looked at me oddly and then it dawned on her...'Oh, you mean a pillow'.....So it was always a pillow from then on!

Vegegrow

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 13:48:52 PM »
More cushions??Thanks Vegegrow, I was going to ask if cushions were welcome on this thread  -< I love making cushions when I try out new blocks......... I know have far more patchwork cushions than anyone could possibly want / use / need  :D OH raises his eyes to heaven and says the perennial " Where's that going to go then?"  ><
I quite often change cushion covers it gives the room a different look....
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Vegegrow

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 13:51:29 PM »

If not more cushions, enough for a throw and unravel the edge to fringe?

Already got 2 lovely wool blankets in that room... I was wondering about a bag perhaps... its too nice to just sit in the stash

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 18:03:22 PM »
OH raises his eyes to heaven and says the perennial " Where's that going to go then?"

Men don't understand soft furnishings...its like an affront to their masculinity (I think)
Cushions and candles especially!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Vegegrow

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 18:57:27 PM »

'Men don't understand soft furnishings...its like an affront to their masculinity (I think)
Cushions and candles especially!'

Cushions I love... I posted this pic on the old forum and still love them... they aren't going anywhere soon

I like candles but can't cope with scented ones... they make me sneeze... as do those room fragrance things and as for those plug in ones I have to go round and turn them off... especially in B &B'S

Lowena

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 11:36:22 AM »
I love anything blingy,perfumed, pink ( as a state of mind, not necessarily the actual colour ) and girly ( but not frilly )
I have a "natural" room freshener from M&S which is tangerine and always makes me feel hungry  :D

fajita

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 12:03:03 PM »
I made a couple of cushions and a tigers tail for work this morning. (Primary school in case u were wondering!)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/148111091@N05/shares/28aL96

Lowena

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 13:57:06 PM »
Love the tiger's tail and the cushions look comfy

Vegegrow

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 16:00:38 PM »
Love the patchwork elephant Fajita... was the tail for world book day?

fajita

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2017, 16:32:03 PM »
No, they are all three items to go into the 'book corner' in a y1 classroom.

I was a pirate for World Book Day, yesterday.

(Hmmm, no pirate emoticons).

BrendaP

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2017, 16:43:46 PM »
Suggested waistcoat to DH but he says he wouldn't wear it ..

Waistcoat for yourself?
Smart A-line skirt for yourself?
Is it wide enough to get a scarf from the width?
Collar/cuffs/trim on a plain jacket?
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Vegegrow

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 20:53:48 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions Brenda... I think it may have found a home DD has an Ikea Pong Chair and its the perfect length to make a new cover for the cushion

fajita

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017, 20:58:46 PM »
I made another cushion cover today. Maybe should have left the wine til later, lol, but I'm sure the little darlings won't mind ...

https://www.flickr.com/gp/148111091@N05/Tcv2S0