The Sewing Place

RTW dress

Gernella

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Surest1tch

Re: RTW dress
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 21:14:58 PM »
Are they kidding £90 for a simple little dress, it's nice but no way worth that. Good on you for copying it, now what are you going to do with the money you've saved yourself?

sewmuchmore

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 18:47:11 PM »
Have you already bought the pattern?
if not you can get this for $5. plus i may have a similar pattern to the McCalls one that you can have. I will go and look and let you know.
Sorry, i can visualise the pattern but can't find it, must have gone to the charity shop at my last clear out.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 20:19:27 PM by sewmuchmore »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 21:42:23 PM »
Yes @sewmuchmore I do have the pattern.  It was one of the first knit dresses I made, it was that stuff where sort of frill was sewn all over the fabric.  It actually looked okay apart from the fact that it was too short (on 5ft 3), so it got dumped.  Luckily I hadn't sent the pattern to the charity shop.

What I do like is that you have a choice of putting darts in or leave plain.  There are a few similar ones at the moment, some just re-badged with different picture and number. 
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included