The Sewing Place

Simplicity 1544 BB Men's shirt.

pjaj

Simplicity 1544 BB Men's shirt.
« on: August 11, 2020, 16:12:27 PM »
I've noticed that one or two of you have made this shirt. I made 2 last year and was about to make 2 more when I discovered that some of the pattern pieces were missing  :( . Namely the Slieve Placket and the Collar. I think I've managed to find an alternative placket on  Link removed as per The Sewing Places Membership Agreement site where she has a free template and a couple of very good YouTube videos showing you exactly how to construct a placket.
However not only is the collar pattern piece missing, but also the entire sheet from which it was cut, so I can't cut out another size and adjust it. I've attempted to reconstruct the piece by tracing round one of the existing shirts and adding in the 1.5cm seam allowance. I still have the collar band, so I can reestablish the notches, but not the curve of the bottom edge. If it would not infringe Simplicity's copyright, would someone post an image of their piece size 52 (the largest)?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 06:41:17 AM by Iminei »
Sent from my abacus

Acorn

Re: Simplicity 1544 BB Men's shirt.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 16:31:27 PM »
Posting an image would indeed infringe the copyright, but as you own the pattern, if someone were to send you a copy privately I can't see a problem.

Good luck!   :)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

pjaj

Re: Simplicity 1544 BB Men's shirt.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 20:01:06 PM »
Posting an image would indeed infringe the copyright, but as you own the pattern, if someone were to send you a copy privately I can't see a problem.

Good luck!   :)

Yes, I thought as much. I only need half the collar pattern as it's symmetrical. I'd be very grateful If some kind soul would scan just over one half of the pattern (size 52) alongside a ruler or measuring tape, then send me the image either as an attachment or via WeTransfer to  Link removed as per The Sewing Places Membership Agreement. Thanks.

If a member wishes to send you the pattern piece Peter they can pm you or look up your email address within your profile, Please read and abide by the Membership Agreement in future, Thank you

The Admin Team.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 06:44:08 AM by Iminei »
Sent from my abacus