The Sewing Place

Hello!

Surest1tch

Re: Hello!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 17:06:10 PM »
Welcome from me @Amunah, don't put yourself down, you sound to me like your really good at it  :thumbsup:.
@Lowena there's nothing simple about the darkside ❤️.

hernibs

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 19:46:07 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too!

Sewot

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2020, 04:54:06 AM »
Hello and welcome.

Amunah

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2020, 21:59:28 PM »
Thank you for all the ‘hello’s!

I have photos, but I am mindful of the request to resize pics, so I have downloaded an app and once I’ve figured out how to use that I’ll post them here  :thumbsup:

Kenora

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2020, 10:50:37 AM »
Bit late but welcome from me too @Amunah . :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Catllar

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2020, 15:29:20 PM »
Hi from me too. Look forward to getting to know you. If any of the emojis are unclear, just ask - we've got a couple of unusual ones!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Amunah

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2020, 13:12:47 PM »
Ok...

I have put some photos in a shared drive - hopefully this works:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mUSkAE1PwvNLLXxd6

Curtains: fully lined, and contains a blackout liner inside too (not visible in the photo).  They’re the first (and only) pair I’ve ever made, and I’m really happy with them.   I also realise that all the curtains I ever adjusted were done by taking up the hem, which is totally wrong and now I know why!

Cot bumpers: a kind of quilting trial, I sewed around the images to make them stand out (there’s a third one, not shown).  Inspired by them, I started on the quilt...

Quilt: as yet unfinished - my granddaughter arrived early and interrupted the flow... She’s now 3 years old, so I need to finish it for her 1 year old sister!  Originally a cot size, I’m adding panels to make it single bed sized and ‘duvet cover’ style - I’m playing with a little freehand quilting, sewing leaves along the green border.

Naval uniform: made for a carnival on the theme of HMS Victory, the pattern purported to be original and I followed images for uniforms from 1805 so it’s technically ‘correct‘.  It’s the first item I’d ever made with a lining, and only the second time I’d made sleeves.  It is creased from wearing it on the day, but I daren’t wash it but I ought to give it a bit of a press - in these photos, I can see it has faded a little in the right shoulder from where I keep it on the dummy on my landing, so I’ll do that and put it away.

As you can see, I tend to decide what to make and then figure it out as I go along - I am way more ambitious than my actual technical ability!