The Sewing Place

Anti " chase yer foot pedal " gizmo

Sewot

Re: Anti " chase yer foot pedal " gizmo
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 20:15:57 PM »
@Lilian Thank you for your concerns and that was kind.
I am well but just learning to be more of a listener.
I learn more that way!
 :dance:

Lilian

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 20:33:27 PM »
Just glad you are okay @Sewot. It seems to be lacking some of the male sewists.  :vintage: :)
Willing but not always able :)

datcat23

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2021, 21:03:32 PM »
I have a desk mat under my sewing desk (means that I am not damaging the carpet with my chair), and under the foot pedal, I have one of these. 

Its a wrist support mouse pad.  The underside is sticky, so it doesn't slide forward.  And my heel rests on the gell wrist support, giving my foot better support.  Without it, I tend to hold my foot up to press on the pedal, which did my instep and heel no end of damage. 
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Sewot

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2021, 21:56:08 PM »
Oh okay.
I will see what I can come up with.
I think the other males may be just in their caves in deep thought but that's okay.

Catllar

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2021, 08:38:06 AM »
That could be a game-changer. Anyone else turn their foot pedal round so it's operated with the heel instead of the toes? I do, find it more comfy when my back is not playing nicely. Doesn't seem to move around as much either - Brucie bonus!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Lowena

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2021, 10:21:35 AM »
I'm never sure which way round it should be if I'm honest :|
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Marniesews

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2021, 11:02:50 AM »
Anyone else turn their foot pedal round so it's operated with the heel instead of the toes?

That sounds a bit like riding a bike around backwards  ;) although I do raise my heel on a small box and use a strip of non-slip mesh for my overlocker & coverstitch foot.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

b15erk

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2021, 13:49:24 PM »
I saw something on FB the other day, someone was asking about a wooden contraption she has acquired with her machine, and it turns out the it goes over the foot, and it seems to do a great job.

Will have a look for a picture...

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.