The Sewing Place

Style of Skater dress

Ravingdoll

Re: Style of Skater dress
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 14:33:19 PM »
I once turned up to a party in the same dress as someone else. We spent the evening taking pictures together and copying each other's dance moves.

When I was at uni a group of girls used to wear the same clothes as each other to a party, or same dress in different colours which was done I think to draw more attention to themselves - it worked!  The average woman though is probably still not happy when this happens.  I saw it happen quite a lot when I was on a cruise, someone would invariably go back to their cabin to get changed!   

Francesca

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 14:55:25 PM »
They call it the cheerleader effect. Four pretty girls, but separate = four pretty girls. However four pretty girls together as a gaggling group = much hotter  ;)

Francesca

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 14:59:49 PM »
I'm also interested in the amount of reviews on the pink dress stating "it made me look like a sack of potatoes!" Well I mean really, what were you expecting? I swear some people have too high expectations on what clothing can do for them.

Sandra

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 15:14:55 PM »
Interestingly, if you look at the age split of the reviews, there is a definite demarcation.

I hadn't noticed that, but yes...Sort-of my age = Yes. Older and younger ladies = No.

The colour's a bit...UGH....isn't it?

The back's a nice detail with the tie and the V, but the length's a bit frumpy.

The Vogue pattern's much nicer...even in that pink colour.

Sandra.
xxx

UttaRetch

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 16:41:48 PM »
It got me thinking though, given that it is such a distinctive dress, if you were in the "like" camp and bought it wouldn't you worry that someone else would be wearing the same if you were out at a 'do'?

It depends who wore it better0_0