The Sewing Place

Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo

Ouryve

Re: Report an issue here
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2022, 23:08:08 PM »
It's been OK on my ipad but I don't use that as much as my phone. Rarely use my laptop, these days - it's old and beligerant and the dell outlet doesn't have any suitable replacements at an acceptable price, at the moment.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Iminei

« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2022, 09:10:57 AM »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Mr Twingo

« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2022, 10:34:24 AM »
OK, if you're having page loading issues, I am going to need more details to help me figure out what's going on.

Please provide me with:

• The address of the page/post/thread you are attempting to view
• The device + operating system you are using
• Which browser you are using (and the version, if you know)
• Any trouble-shooting you have already tried
• If possible, a screenshot of what you see

Thank you.

----------
Example:

https://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php?action=post;topic=1082.200;last_msg=277508
MacBook Air + MacOS Big Sur 11.6.4
Firefox 97.0.1
Have cleared the cache and tried restarting the computer

Ouryve

« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2022, 10:52:32 AM »
@Mr Twingo I included screenshot in my messages, last night. This is current chrome on current android on a Pixel 4a. It's a recurrent issue. In the past I've restarted browser and phone, to no effect but I'm going to give that a try, again, and now you mention it, will try clearing my cache.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Ouryve

« Reply #214 on: March 05, 2022, 11:02:07 AM »
OK, clearing the cache worked. I even have emojis back. Will see how long it lasts, this time.

realale

« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2022, 13:12:28 PM »
Mine was fine when I opened it this morning!! Did nothing different so who knows.  :sorry:
So many beers, so little time.

Mr Twingo

« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2022, 14:53:55 PM »
Chrome browser seems to a common thread. On Android and Windows... Hm

Acorn

« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2022, 15:20:02 PM »
I don't often access the site on my phone, but it seems absolutely fine using Firefox on Android 11.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

charley

« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2022, 19:47:54 PM »
I cannot get the green 'login' button to work, to log into the forum. I managed to log in through the black bar at the top. Neither can I access the messages, even though hovering over that button on the black bar, suggests that I should be able to do this. I received a message yesterday  - that was also sent to my email, so I had to reply through my email address; I could see the original message then, but the reply function on the 'actions' button for the message would not work. It is still not working this evening, and I had to reply to a message via my email for a second time.
Not sure who to ask about this @Mr Twingo ?

My laptop is cleared of junk every 4 days, sometimes more often.

Mr Twingo

« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2022, 20:23:57 PM »
I have responded via email, just in case you can't log in again.

Lachica

« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2022, 22:49:40 PM »
I'm still getting this:
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
I can scroll down & access the boards as usual though the fonts have reverted to a serif type which I find hard on the eyes. I'm running the latest Chrome on Pixel 4a. I've tried logging out of TSP & back in with password. Tried clearing cache & freeing up memory by deleting around 10 Gb worth. Tried shutting down & restarting phone. The site is very slow, but no slower than it's been for the last several weeks. Any suggestions welcome!
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Iminei

« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2022, 09:09:42 AM »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Gernella

« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2022, 10:23:47 AM »
Whilst everybody has been having problems I've been fine until this week @Mr Twingo  I can see everything, just no colour or lines splitting between areas.

I use Opera Version:85.0.4341.60

I've switched over to Microsoft Edge just for this and everything is fine.  So I just check each morning to see if it is back to normal.

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Mr Twingo

« Reply #223 on: April 21, 2022, 20:22:17 PM »
Hm. I'm using Firefox without issue. I've tested using Google Chrome, and again had no problems. But that's no help to you.

@Lachica the screenshot you have posted show what often happens when the connection is slow or the browser can't properly interpret the code that formats the website. So it defaults to the basic HTML.

I assure everyone that I am looking into this. If I can find a common thread, that will go some way to helping me help you.

Gernella

« Reply #224 on: April 21, 2022, 21:36:11 PM »
Used my Surface and absolutely fine with Opera @Mr Twingo I shall persevere.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included