The Sewing Place

Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo

Adey1981

Re: Report an issue here
« Reply #240 on: May 14, 2022, 18:45:57 PM »
I have an issue using this site with my phone, a Samsung A20e (Android 11) on Chrome.

The 3 white bars at the top-right of the forum cannot be pressed. The green button that is above posts that says "Actions" and the edit button (pencil and paper') cannot be pressed either.

Everything else seems to work. I havn't been able to find PM's or Search though, so not sure if thats because of my issue, or I just can't find them.

Edit - I've tried it with Edge browser and I dont get the main menu button at all, but can use the other 'buttons".
I also sent a PM to Iminei earlier and although it said "message sent successfully" (or something) I have no messages in my 'sent' list, so not sure of it was recieved.
Cheers
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 00:05:08 AM by Adey1981 »

Ouryve

« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2022, 23:13:03 PM »
And for the love of dog, don't leave 3 months, including Christmas, between cutting out your jeans and making them up  :|
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Iminei

« Reply #242 on: May 15, 2022, 07:34:11 AM »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2022, 08:04:04 AM »
@Adey1981
@Mr Twingo

I’ve just tried it on my phone and everything’s working as it should be this morning. The three bars and the Actions button.

iPhone 12 using Chrome not Safari browser.

Not sure it that helps?

StitchinTime

« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2022, 08:43:32 AM »
@Adey1981 For the missing sent messages, you might need to make sure this option is selected (I’m not sure if the default setting is on or off).

Click on the “Profile” option and then under the options on the left side, select “Personal Messaging”.
There are various options you can alter, but to keep a copy of sent messages, you need to make sure that the “ Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default.” option is ticked.

If you can’t find anything let me know and I’ll include screenshots. If you want to test the setting, feel free to send me a test message.

Adey1981

« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2022, 12:00:34 PM »
Thank you @StitchinTime I found it, and I have it set to show sent messages now.
Cheers

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #246 on: May 20, 2022, 08:46:17 AM »
Hi,
The layout on my phone has changed since the migration. It's still not right, but workable.
But for "unread messages" I can't see the "mark all messages as read" option. Am I going mad? Perhaps someone else can spot it in the attachment.
GG
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Iminei

« Reply #247 on: May 20, 2022, 08:53:39 AM »

Ouryve

Re: Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo
« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2022, 22:18:43 PM »
@Mr Twingo  after the migration was completed, I used the forum briefly, then chrome locked me out for a bit, complaining about security certificates. I'm hoping it was just a wobble while everything settled in (it's a technical term, I hear ;)) and not part of a bigger problem.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

charley

« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2022, 23:28:04 PM »
@Ouryve I get this a lot for some sites. Apple support best advice for me is that my laptop needs replacing  >< It is 7 years old!!

Ouryve

« Reply #250 on: May 21, 2022, 00:02:17 AM »
My phone is 18 months old and all up to date, @charley - I did end up replacing my ipad mini 2, recently, though, as is was stuck at iOSold.

Iminei

« Reply #251 on: May 21, 2022, 08:50:30 AM »
@Ouryve  ... Having just logged on I see the lil padlock is firmly in place in our address bar, presumably someone hadnt snapped it closed enough after the migration ... but its sorted now (I hope)

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #252 on: May 21, 2022, 15:19:00 PM »
Hi,
The layout on my phone has changed since the migration. It's still not right, but workable.
But for "unread messages" I can't see the "mark all messages as read" option. Am I going mad? Perhaps someone else can spot it in the attachment.
GG

The migration has resolved both issues. Thank you.
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Flobear

« Reply #253 on: May 21, 2022, 17:48:13 PM »
Dear @Mr Twingo , TSP is fine on my Android phone and MacBook but still stuck in maintenance mode on my Android tablet. I've turned it offanonagain then cleared all history but neither has worked. Tried googling website instead of using bookmark, still no joy. Any idea what else I could do, please?
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Mr Twingo

« Reply #254 on: May 21, 2022, 17:56:37 PM »
Try clearing the cache, as clearing history alone won't be enough.

Which browser do you use on the tablet?