The Sewing Place

Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo

Francesca

Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo
« on: May 16, 2017, 11:29:28 AM »
Hello everyone,

As we occasionally have issues that crop up, I'm going to make this thread a place to share them. I know we have the suggestion box thread but it's a bit unwieldy.

I'm going to ask that chatter is kept to a minimum in this thread. If you want to talk more about the issue, feel free to make a separate thread but be aware that thread won't be a place to specifically report an issue, and I might miss it. I will work through the bugs in this thread only.

I'm also going to ask that all issue reports are posted in the following manner:

1. Describe the issue as succinctly as you can
2. When does the issue occur? (Always, when I go on my profile, when I send a message etc)
3. Is the issue intermittent or constant?
4. Do you have a link to the issue?
5. What browser are you using?
6. What device? (Desktop, laptop, Kindle, iPhone etc)
7. What OS? (Windows, Mac, Ubuntu etc)

Please then always provide a screenshot even if you think it means nothing. Unless, of course, you can't reproduce the issue a second time.

A screenshot really helps me out.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 08:54:27 AM by Iminei »

Diane

Re: Report an issue here
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 11:50:56 AM »
Sorry if this in the wrong place, wasn't sure if I had to tag it on to your message or start a separate thread.

1. I started there anyway you could move the footer on the forum page to the left as it blocks the chat box and makes it difficult to see what's been written or what you are writing.

2. Just occurs when using the chat room.

3. It's constant when using chat.

4. I'm using the chrome browser.

5. I have an iPad

I have attached a screenshot.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 13:41:50 PM by Diane »
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:02:07 AM »
Diane,
Im not a techno bod and I find this irritating too, but if you scroll your page up (into the forums) it makes it just about acceptable.... Until one of the tech support respond to your plea thats all I can suggest... Fran, C3PO ?????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Diane

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 10:19:57 AM »
Thanks
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 10:27:34 AM »
Investigating now Done. A hard refresh may be required.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:31:08 AM by Francesca »

Diane

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 10:46:24 AM »
Thanks Francesca, works a treat.

Maximum

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 17:02:35 PM »
I'm having trouble with "recent unread topics" but it appears I'm not the only one. Trawling through the main menu looking for last post Today is tedious!
Yesterday I posted a response but it did not appear so I rewrote it and assumed it was operator error. It has just happened again, wrote a reply, click on post and nothing. Tried several times but worried it would duplicate over and over. Finally the post appeared but BEFORE another response that I read while I was typing. Appears something is getting scrambled somewhere?

Francesca

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 20:54:16 PM »
I'm having trouble with "recent unread topics" but it appears I'm not the only one. Trawling through the main menu looking for last post Today is tedious!
Yesterday I posted a response but it did not appear so I rewrote it and assumed it was operator error. It has just happened again, wrote a reply, click on post and nothing. Tried several times but worried it would duplicate over and over. Finally the post appeared but BEFORE another response that I read while I was typing. Appears something is getting scrambled somewhere?

Hi Maximum,

This query is being discussed here: http://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,1013.0.html

I am writing updates in that thread. I've been discussing with the SMF support community but have raised it up to the SMF software team now as the community wasn't able to help with the issue.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 21:00:39 PM by Francesca »

Maximum

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 21:46:58 PM »
Thx. Is the second problem of my replies not posting part of the same issue or something else. Perhaps I should have split into 2 separate posts to make it clear - sorry.

Francesca

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 21:54:17 PM »
Thx. Is the second problem of my replies not posting part of the same issue or something else. Perhaps I should have split into 2 separate posts to make it clear - sorry.

Apologies I mixed the two issues together.

Can you please review the first post and let me know the details. Also if you can provide a time immediately after this occurs it would help me greatly.

Maximum

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 00:12:49 AM »
The last time I had trouble getting a reply to actually post was June 8th. It did finally go at 21.13 but prior to that I must have clicked on "post" at least 6 times. Can't remember the previous occasion, life and several large glasses of red stuff have have got in the way! No problems today so might be a one off.

Francesca

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 19:39:25 PM »
I haven't been able to tally up an error log with that time. It does sometimes happen (it can be a case of your connection dropping, or ours) but if it happens again please let me know.

Maximum

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 20:51:15 PM »
Topic Reply Emails
In the last 2 days when I get an email to say someone has responded to a topic I'm following the link does NOT take me to the post referred to!
It's always worked before but certainly today (3rd July), and I'm fairly sure yesterday,I have had several such emails yet the link takes me to something older that I have already read. If I go back to the email and click the link again it successfully 'finds' the post it refers to.
I have closed down TSP and Chrome and switched off the iPad and iPhone between logging on but to no effect.
Not a major issue especially if no one else has noticed or commented as I do get there in the end :)

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 20:55:37 PM »
Cant help as I'm not a technobod ...
but please pm Fran, she will see it in her emails and therefore have a chance to respond...

hope that helps

x
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Francesca

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 10:05:10 AM »
Topic Reply Emails
In the last 2 days when I get an email to say someone has responded to a topic I'm following the link does NOT take me to the post referred to!
It's always worked before but certainly today (3rd July), and I'm fairly sure yesterday,I have had several such emails yet the link takes me to something older that I have already read. If I go back to the email and click the link again it successfully 'finds' the post it refers to.
I have closed down TSP and Chrome and switched off the iPad and iPhone between logging on but to no effect.
Not a major issue especially if no one else has noticed or commented as I do get there in the end :)

Thanks for letting me know.

So you're getting update emails and it's just taking you to entirely the wrong thread?

Can you send me the link for the thread it's taking you to (from the email) vs the one you're supposed to be going to?