The Sewing Place

Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo

Flobear

Re: Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo
« Reply #255 on: May 21, 2022, 19:28:23 PM »
Well, it's google but not sure if chrome or not. When I tried to find out how to clear the cache, all I could find was instructions for clearing history on chrome and it didn't tie in with what I saw on my screen.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ouryve

« Reply #256 on: May 21, 2022, 20:50:37 PM »
If I go to clear history in my chrome menu, it has a link to clear browsing data, @Flobear. That should be what you need and, if it's being kind, it will allow you to be selective about it.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Flobear

« Reply #257 on: May 21, 2022, 22:34:46 PM »
It appears that my tablet uses the Samsung browser so I will have to investigate that further. I did get the site back by refreshing the page but it looks quite peculiar, as if the printer is short of one colour of ink!

Helen M

« Reply #258 on: May 21, 2022, 23:10:29 PM »
I had a very similar thing on my Samsung tablet about 2-3 weeks ago @Flobear. I got what sounds like the 'peculiar' look that you have. I switched it off and on like you did, no change and the same happened the next evening. I then went to 'settings' and the 'storage' and 'optimised' that. I turned it off again and the next day all was back to normal. I only tend to use it in the evenings if I'm not interested in the TV and I wasn't feeling well at the time so didn't fiddle too much. The only thing I can say is perhaps whatever I did wasn't effective immediately. It's been okay since though.

I'm not sure if I use the Samsung browser or Chrome, I have a feeling both are installed.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Flobear

« Reply #259 on: May 22, 2022, 09:11:04 AM »
Thanks, @Helen M, I'll give that a try.
I found out what browser it was by typing in something like 'whatsmybrowser.com' !

Elnnina

« Reply #260 on: August 05, 2022, 18:06:07 PM »
Something odd has happened to the way TSP appears on my screen (Chrome), all the part where the posters are normally showing either a photo of something has now gone red, the only posters that are different are those  that never had a photo in.  Also when I go to put TSP on hold using the  Restore Down button, again the top of this is also red, has something happened to do this?

@Mr Twingo ?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 18:13:40 PM by Greybird »

Mr Twingo

« Reply #261 on: August 06, 2022, 17:21:54 PM »
Nothing at all has changed here in the TSP Plant Room.

A couple of things to check:

1. Does it happen if you open an 'Incognito' window? (At the top right, click More (three vertical dots) and then New incognito window.)
2. Does it occur in other browsers on your device?

I suspect one of two causes: either a slow connection or a faulty browser cache. The first may be resolved by restering your internet connection; the second by clearing Chrome's browsing cache (In Chrome, at the top right, click More / More tools / Clear browsing data… delete only Cached images and files.)

Elnnina

« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2022, 22:37:16 PM »
Well I tried doing all you suggested Mr. Twingo but it remained the same, and even today it was still like it was when I first mentioned this, however this evening there has been a change something updated itself on my laptop, took TSP down, and when I logged back in it was all back to normal.  I haven't a clue what happened, but I am glad it is back to normal.  Thanks for trying to help though.

Iminei

« Reply #263 on: August 11, 2022, 08:48:00 AM »
Glad youre back to normal @Elnnina  xxx :hug:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bjay

« Reply #264 on: August 18, 2022, 21:42:46 PM »
My problem is  - and it has happened today - I post pictures and not all TSP ers can see them - some can. I just do what I always do when i post.
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Iminei

« Reply #265 on: August 19, 2022, 08:11:15 AM »
If you are posting via an intermediary service ie Google pics it could be to do with your ... or their ... settings.
Happens to me all the time. The best way is to post directly from a file on your computer/lappy ...

Cant advise on phones. @Mr Twingo
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

SeamBean

« Reply #266 on: November 03, 2022, 10:18:33 AM »
I’ve discovered that I can’t use this site on my laptop, which runs Malwarebytes. The software blocks the site because it thinks it’s “compromised”, and an “otherwise legitimate site that is being used by hackers without the owner’s knowledge”.

I can use it fine on my iPad, which doesn’t have (or need) anti-virus protection. Thought I’d give you a head’s up to check the site, and if all is well perhaps request Malwarebytes unblocks it?

@Mr Twingo
« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 09:42:16 AM by Iminei »

Acorn

« Reply #267 on: November 03, 2022, 20:24:56 PM »
How strange - I have Malwarebytes running and have never had any problems.   :thinking:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Greybird

« Reply #268 on: November 03, 2022, 22:58:23 PM »
So have I - on my desk-top.

Gernella

« Reply #269 on: November 05, 2022, 09:59:51 AM »
You can tell Malwarebytes to ignore it @SeamBean and add to your 'approved' list. It should automatically ask you what you want to do.   
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included