The Sewing Place

Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo

Greybird

Re: Report an issue here
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2017, 23:18:15 PM »
I haven't had the same problems the others had, but I tried to click that I "liked" something yesterday and I was informed that I had already liked it!
I hadn't though - it was in a post I had not even looked at before. Doesn't matter much in the great scheme of things, but just thought I'd mention it.

Francesca

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2017, 09:24:58 AM »
I'll keep an eye on the logs :)

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2017, 08:17:21 AM »
I don't seem to be getting email notifications of new replies to threads any more.  A few days ago, I did stop notifications for (I thought) just one thread, but now I'm not getting any at all.  I've checked settings, but notifications are enabled, and I've also checked my junk/spam/bin/other rubbish folders in my email.

Iminei

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 08:27:11 AM »
Hi B&S,
yes we have been having a problem with notifications this past week, making the forum unusually quiet at the mo....

C3PO is on it as I type and will be starting a dedicated thread to let people know what we will be doing about it.

Thank you for letting us know.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Greybird

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 12:08:34 PM »
i'm reporting this in case it might be affecting other people. When I was in TSP late yesterday evening, my computer security thingy (Avast) came up with a warning that a threat had been detected and insisted I do a virus scan. I did that, went off to bed and forgot all about it. I have come into TSP twice this morning and both times got a warning that a threat had been detected.

It's telling me it's dealt with the threat, but I thought I'd better mention it.

Sorry, I couldn't do a screen shot because it didn't stay on there long enough for me to figure out how to do it.

Pearl

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »
I've had this problem, too, Greybird, also with Avast.

Sandra

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2017, 12:13:37 PM »
Same here, Greybird. Every time I come on here this morning, I've had the same warning and my anti-virus has blocked it.

Don't know how to do a screenshot, but I jotted it down.

coinhive.com.......infected with JS:Miner-A

Sandra.
xxx

Stitches

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2017, 12:22:33 PM »
Same Here.Every time I have loged in today Ive had the same warning

coinhive.com.......infected with JS:Miner-B(pup)

Iminei

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2017, 13:14:56 PM »
I have had this too ... It seems to go away once you click on the close icon but I'll ask Fran to look into this.

Thank you Ladies.

Madame Cholet

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 15:08:26 PM »
I don't know if this is related to the above as I am not computer tech-minded, but since yesterday evening each time I visit the forum my laptop acts strangely, like the processor or something is going into overdrive and the fans speed up and the thing feels mega hot and is racing away... it stops when I shut down Firefox.
It doesn't happen when I visit any other site.
(I have an elderly macbook btw).
I'll have to leave now as it is doing it again  :o

supergran

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2017, 20:58:59 PM »
I've also had the coinhive miner thing. I'm using avast too. Happens every time I log onto TSP.
No, it's not avast, its avg.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 21:07:20 PM by supergran »

UttaRetch

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2017, 21:53:50 PM »
... No, it's not avast, its avg.
It's both as Avast took over AVG last year.  I tried both of them before the merger, but ditched them both for the free version of Bitdefender.

Greybird

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2017, 22:29:49 PM »
coinhive.com.......infected with JS:Miner-A 

Yes that's what mine says. It's still happening each time I visit. If we all have Avast, does this mean it's only Avast that thinks it's a problem then?

PollyWally

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2017, 00:27:13 AM »
I got this message as well, I'm using AVG.

Iminei

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2017, 08:22:08 AM »
I have sent an email, pm and fb message out to Fran about this .... Lets hope she checks in soon!!!

Have got in touch with Fran, who will be looking at the problem this morning!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:01:41 AM by Iminei »