The Sewing Place

Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo

Sewbee

Re: Report an issue here
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2017, 12:07:23 PM »
I am having problems editing posts today. When I make an edit and hit Save, it tells me the message body is empty and it's not.

More info - if I use the edit icon at the bottom, I have this problem. However, if I use Actions/Modify, I don't.

Greybird

« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2017, 17:00:16 PM »
Don't know if this is part of the same issue, but occasionally when I want to "like" a post a box appears telling me I have already done it - I haven't.

Francesca

« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2017, 17:17:53 PM »
I am having problems editing posts today. When I make an edit and hit Save, it tells me the message body is empty and it's not.

Can you post a screenshot?

Sewbee

« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2017, 18:02:43 PM »
Can you post a screenshot?

I will if it happens again, Fran. It is okay for the present. :)

mudcat

« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2017, 19:06:44 PM »
Hi, I'm new here and just joined a few days ago.  I wanted to report that I had tried to join multiple times over the last six months with no success.  I would get the original email that said I needed to be approved and then never hear back again.  I mentioned it to someone on this board that I know and she said I should try to logon anyway but that didn't work ... I got a message that I didn't exist.  This time around I was finally able to join.  I'm reporting this on the off chance others are having the same issue with joining and the admins weren't aware.

I use Firefox on an iMac if it matters.

UttaRetch

« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2017, 20:21:19 PM »
A lot of people who experienced the same problem as you had the authentication email stuck in the spam filter.  How where you eventually able to join?

mudcat

« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2017, 21:11:34 PM »
I had nothing in my spam filters.  In fact the original response email telling me I would need approval always arrived.  Originally I tried several times with different emails and then gave up but tried a couple of times after a month or two.  Finally on a whim I tried again this week and it "took" in that I got a follow-up response.

Vezelay

« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2017, 21:20:42 PM »
I had exactly the same issue - definitely nothing stuck in my junk mail. But 3rd time lucky :).

Francesca

« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2017, 22:01:13 PM »
Interesting, thanks for letting us know. I will see if I can figure this one out but also possibly make admin more easily contactable for non-members so people can raise this sort of issue.

Kenora

« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2017, 22:08:14 PM »
I think that's a great idea, Francesca. I had exactly the same problem when I applied to join back in July. I got the original automated (presumably) response but then .... nothing. I checked my spam folders ... nothing. I emailed admin and also Iminei several times to see if it made any difference, but no. I also tried logging in but was told my user name didn't exist. Then eventually I tried re-applying a few months later and was accepted within 3 hours.

It was definitely worth persevering though.  :D

Edited to add: Hi Mudcat - glad you persevered too. Nice to see you.  :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 22:10:46 PM by Kenora »
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Iminei

« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2017, 09:19:03 AM »
Just to let you know as soon as I received the membership requests from Kenora, Vezelay and Mudcat  I sent out the Registration emails, so obviously something is going awry.

We will be looking at upgrading certain aspects of The Sewing Place in the New Year as our hosting renewal approaches.

So Apologies for the delay in approving you and Thank you for bringing it to our attention

Imi
xxx
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Kenora

« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2017, 22:00:11 PM »
No apologies needed, Iminei. It's obviously something "technical" going a bit adrift. :S
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

UttaRetch

« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2018, 16:29:16 PM »
The like button is not working on all threads:

Here

but not

here.

Francesca

« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2018, 16:31:19 PM »
Interesting, I'll take a look.

b15erk

« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2018, 16:33:42 PM »
Thanks for raising this UR.  I thought it was just me not seeing it....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.