The Sewing Place

Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo

Francesca

Re: Report an issue here
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2018, 10:20:23 AM »
I'm just going to reiterate what the OP says in regards to reporting something. This really helps us fix things as quickly and easily as possible.

1. Describe the issue as succinctly as you can
2. When does the issue occur? (Always, when I go on my profile, when I send a message etc)
3. Is the issue intermittent or constant?
4. Do you have a link to the issue?
5. What browser are you using?
6. What device? (Desktop, laptop, Kindle, iPhone etc)
7. What OS? (Windows, Mac, Ubuntu etc)

Please then always provide a screenshot even if you think it means nothing. Unless, of course, you can't reproduce the issue a second time.

Iminei

« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2018, 08:14:12 AM »
Fran how about providing destructions on how to take a SS (I dont know how) in the post below???
If you do this please feel free to delete this post

Happy Birthday btw
xxx
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

UttaRetch

« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2018, 09:12:43 AM »
Taking a screenshot is often a 'built in' program.  The trick is finding where it's kept.  In Mac, you use 'Grab' which is buried in 'Utilities'.  If you are using Windows, it will be called something else and kept in a different folder.  However, if you 'search' your computer for 'screen shot', it will point you in the right direction.

Acorn

« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2018, 09:22:10 AM »
Keyboards quite often have a key that will take a screenshot.  Mine is labelled 'prt sc'.

In Windows 10, if you hold down the windows key (with the little flag divided into 4), the shift key and the letter 's' you will get a cross-shaped cursor which you can drag around the screen to copy the bit you want.

There are lots of ways of doing it, and unfortunately they do vary depending on what computer and what operating system you have.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Greybird

« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2018, 21:17:46 PM »
Video it?!!!! Sorry I wouldn't know where to begin or what with- and you want my glasses? Seriously though, it's only a minor annoyance - it only happens occasionally and I don't want you to spend ages on it. I can live with it. I just thought it might tie in to something else. If I want to tell someone I like something, I'll post it and tell them.

Efemera

« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2018, 09:38:54 AM »
I’m having trouble posting multiple  pictures in a thread... never had problems before keep getting this message

Francesca

« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2018, 10:28:56 AM »
I’m having trouble posting multiple  pictures in a thread... never had problems before keep getting this message

Usually that will mean that the image is too big, but we can try and put a better message in to explain clearer.

Efemera

« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2018, 11:06:01 AM »
It’s always been OK before.. I post from my iPad

Efemera

« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2018, 11:07:07 AM »
This is a real pain... I’ve never had trouble before posting pictures but it’s doing it every time now.

Francesca

« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2018, 13:29:45 PM »
Could you email the picture to fran@thesewingplace.org.uk so I can check to see if there is anything up with the pic?

Kenora

« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2018, 00:18:56 AM »
When I logged on this evening I found that any new posts with photos were lacking the usual thumbnail. (Older posts with photos had thumbnails and were fine.) When I clicked on the photo link which usually appears underneath the thumbnail I got an error message. This happens with all new posts made since I logged off 24 hours ago. I'm using a laptop with Win 8 and Chrome. Screenshots attached.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Kenora

« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2018, 00:22:04 AM »
I'm even more mystified because I just looked at my post above to check it, and I can see the thumbnails OK and open the photos of the screenshots. Weird. Other new posts with photos still don't work.

Acorn

« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2018, 08:46:23 AM »
That is, I'm afraid, down to me.   :[  I had to roll back the forum a few hours yesterday evening and some attachments will have been lost.  If people could re-add them to their posts that would be really helpful! 
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

BrendaP

« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2018, 10:28:08 AM »
I have reposted my attachement in One pattern Three ways.  I think another that might be missing is Roger's from the Griest buttonholer thread.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Kenora

« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2018, 22:22:20 PM »
Thanks Acorn - at least it explains the mystery to me.  :)