The Sewing Place

Report an issue here ... adding @Mr Twingo

Acorn

Re: Report an issue here
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2018, 13:04:57 PM »
Can I just clarify - are you scrolling right to the bottom of the page that lists the topic for the section and finding that there is no button right at the bottom that says 'New Topic'?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2018, 13:20:12 PM »
There are buttons both top and bottom of the page

New Topic, New Poll, Notify
and Mark as Read

.. are you seeing them @sewingj  ??

or is it once you have clicked New Topic, something goes awry?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

sewingj

« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2018, 13:35:27 PM »
I`ve just discovered I`ve got the buttons at the bottom of the page but not at the top for some of the boards - some are working as usual.
It`s not a problem as long as I can find them somewhere!

Sheilago

« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2018, 08:33:15 AM »
Hi, I am taking part in the Project Linus group on Dark Side and Imi asked us to send a pm with a photo to her when we’d finished. I can’t seem to get it to work, though I can upload photos to a normal post as I am a subscriber. I don’t see the little plus sign on the pm page. Am I missing something?

Sheilago

« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2018, 17:57:46 PM »
Hi, Imi has sent me her email address, so I have sent the pictures. However, I assume it is possible to add photos to a pm, so would still like to know the answer. :[ Thanks

Morgan

« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2018, 12:20:13 PM »
Massive display of images (most but not all) when embedded in posts.  They display so large and exceed the width of the post (and screen size) so it's usually impossible to view them. 
The result is scrolling, scrolling, scrolling and (yawn) even more scrolling to get past the images to read the posts.
If I particularly want to see what's on one of these images, I right click and display the image on a separate tab. Most of the time I don't bother.

I realise it's an image sizing and software controls issue, but I wonder if anything can be done bearing in mind people do seem to prefer to embed images in the post.

Using a laptop or desktop and the look and layout setting is Core Theme

Francesca

« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2018, 13:32:33 PM »
Can you provide an example of one that exceeds the screen width? The CSS is designed to constrain them within the post width.

Edit: I have just realised you are on "core theme" as you stated. Sorry I missed that. We use Reseller theme, but when we started the forum we allowed users to choose another theme if they wanted, however they would be unsupported. If you are not on Reseller theme (it will say Reseller at the bottom in the footer), then please can I request you switch over. Unfortunately we don't have the time to dedicate to supporting multiple themes.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 15:00:21 PM by Francesca »

mudcat

« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2018, 18:48:09 PM »
Fran, good to know the explanation for the over-sized photos.  I've had that problem too and I use the Curve theme because to me the reseller theme takes up too much screen space.  Anyway, at least I can switch temporarily for viewing photos if I need to.  Not all photos do this and it could be that it's only an issue if a width isn't specified.

Morgan

« Reply #173 on: June 29, 2018, 21:17:55 PM »
Thanks for the response and explanation Fran.  I understand the situation.l
I find Core and some other themes offer a more compact and simpler layout.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2018, 19:08:57 PM »
Not an issue, more of a request  :)
Is it possible to show the date a thread was started when you view them, in for example, Unread Topics?  It's difficult to know, especially with the birthdays, if it's a new topic or an old one.

UttaRetch

« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2018, 19:15:27 PM »
I don't really understand your query @Bodgeitandscarper.  All responses to a thread are date and time stamped.  I have set my view the first thread at the top, but I think the default view is the reverse.

Pearl

« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2018, 19:22:47 PM »
I think Bodgeit means on the Unread Topics page, you can't see the date the thread was started before you open it.  I could include the day or the date in the birthday thread title if that helps.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2018, 19:25:40 PM »
Yes they are indeed, but it's when you click on "Unread Topics" and get a list of topics they show the title and who started them, but not the date they were started, as in the pic below.  Sorry, I maybe didn't make it very clear.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2018, 19:27:18 PM »
I think Bodgeit means on the Unread Topics page, you can't see the date the thread was started before you open it.  I could include the day or the date in the birthday thread title if that helps.
Thanks Pearl, I did just use the birthdays as an example, but that would be great  0_0

Sewbee

« Reply #179 on: September 08, 2018, 20:54:18 PM »
My ipad is acting up a bit and i need to correct a post i just made. However, when i edit it says the body is left blank in red and doesnt save my change. Can anyone hel?