The Sewing Place

Spacing

Iminei

Spacing
« on: August 20, 2020, 11:28:42 AM »
Does anyone know how I can alter the spacing between words ... not individual  characters ... on Elvistoo (Brother V3)

Im doing some embroidery with a lot of short sentences and the words look as if they are individual words not part of a sentence.

Really need a quick response to this ... Thanking you in advance
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

StitchinTime

Re: Spacing
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 12:02:27 PM »
Can you use the old typing standard of two spaces after a full stop?

Syrinx

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 12:10:17 PM »
You can individually group the words then move them. Or digitise them and make them look right there. It's hard to do on the screen, but it is doable.

If you can't get it right, send them to me (with font choice) and I'll shove it in the software, won't take ten minutes. I bought the alphabet digitiser for exactly this reason, drove me made moving individual letters about on the screen!

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 12:10:56 PM »
Im looking to make the words closer together not further apart.

On The Splurgess you have a choice of 3 sizes of spaces ... but nothing like that seems to be on Elvistoo

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 12:12:19 PM »
Thats a nice offer @Syrinx  but theres 30 or so phrases Im afraid.

Syrinx

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 12:21:15 PM »
It really doesn't take long with the software Imi.
I type them out at required size (and design ie first 3 words on one line, last 3 on next line, centered/left aligned etc) and press digitise then check quickly and save as PES, email to you. Easiest and quickest digitising as the software is very good.  I can easily do it all in one go and send each phrase as it's done
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 12:22:32 PM by Iminei »