The Sewing Place

Okay Ladies

Iminei

Re: Okay Ladies
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2020, 09:59:01 AM »
I am rested and gearing myself up for round two with Fu Man Chus Fiendish Puzzle block ....

It nearly had me in tears yesterday afternoon so the likelihood of it being one of next months Blocks is receding rapidly in the rear view mirror ... which is a pity as it really is a very pretty block.

I really should hoover around but this seems to have become a challenge ... to the death!!!  :devil:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sandra

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2020, 11:31:47 AM »
No, noooooo.....you shouldn't be getting in a state over these blocks.  :hug:
Just tell us to find our own for the next month or something.

Sandra.
xxx

Bjay

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2020, 12:51:53 PM »
@Sandra good idea -
I had already thought I may make a block to make up the number as one of the earlier ones I don't like and don't really want to use it.
Would still like some guidance though and will, of course, follow any new BOM you post  :thumbsup:
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Flobear

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2020, 18:34:05 PM »
I don't know if you've browsed through the 2017 and 2018 BOMs, Bjay - you will have all the instructions you need and may find something you really fancy.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Sandra

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2020, 18:56:30 PM »
I don't know if you've browsed through the 2017 and 2018 BOMs, Bjay - you will have all the instructions you need and may find something you really fancy.

Good idea...And if any of them are smaller than a 12 inch finished block, maybe put a border around it to get it up to size? I seem to remember them being various sizes.

I really liked the card trick one....I've just checked that one and it's finished size was nine and half inches. That ought to be easy to enlarge to get it to 12" finished.

Anyway...don't stress Imi. It's lovely what you've done for us so far. It's less lovely if you've been left close to tears because of it.

Sandra.
xxx

Lilian

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2020, 22:47:22 PM »
I have done a quick search for 12 inch blocks and found one called "folded corners" it looks really good.
Willing but not always able :)

wrenkins

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2020, 22:55:44 PM »
Please don't cry.  :'(  :hug: We can make stuff up and anyway we have done loads.  :thumbsup:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2020, 09:20:53 AM »
Oh I'll be alright Ladies and Ive completed One Block for you to make come September  :devil: 

That folded corners looks good, all to do with fabric placement to get the effect but simple enough ...
Panic not ... There will be the final Piecing to do come September 1st

and I may just challenge the Bravest of you to make Fu Man Chu's fiendish Puzzle block (Aka the Satanic Block)

Mwahaha  :devil:

Bjay

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2020, 11:26:00 AM »
Can't wait - I think :thinking:

I won't be here for a few days at beginning of September so hopefully all problems will be sorted and I can sail through it when I return!

Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Lilian

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2020, 20:56:18 PM »
Oh I'll be alright Ladies and Ive completed One Block for you to make come September  :devil: 

That folded corners looks good, all to do with fabric placement to get the effect but simple enough ...
Panic not ... There will be the final Piecing to do come September 1st

and I may just challenge the Bravest of you to make Fu Man Chu's fiendish Puzzle block (Aka the Satanic Block)

Mwahaha  :devil:

There is a link to the cutting guides for Folded Corners if you haven't already sorted it  :)

Iminei

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2020, 09:46:48 AM »
Linky????

Lilian

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2020, 12:10:12 PM »
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 12:13:02 PM by Lilian »

wrenkins

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2020, 12:46:40 PM »
Geese!!!  :o It has geese.  :faints:
And values!!! This'll be a laugh.  :laughing:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Flobear

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2020, 18:04:16 PM »
I like geese  :*  And values is / are good. Will echo the stacky block thing.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

wrenkins

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2020, 18:14:25 PM »
Oh it's all good @Flobear. There's nothing like a good learning experience.  :S