The Sewing Place

McCall's Autumn 2020

Renegade Sewist

Re: McCall's Autumn 2020
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2020, 03:28:04 AM »
I like M8144 for possibilities, it could easily turned into a knit dress. It’s really the neckline and the sleeve options that draw me to it.
Everything else leaves me cold and they seem to have forgotten who their customers are.

I loved this one for all the wrong reasons.  :laughing: It's slouchy, dropped shoulder, goofy sleeves all combine for a sort of disheveled look I find utterly charming. In the right fabric I bet you that would be the most comfortable thing any of us have worn in years.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Kwaaked

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2020, 04:04:16 AM »
I see this with silk jogger pants and Adidas shoes, honestly.  Utterly Basic clothing.

The basic was at myself, not at anyone else.  As in, this is the outfit I would wear to go get a spiced pumpkin latte at the country club on a warmish fall day.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 04:07:06 AM by Kwaaked »

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2020, 08:14:15 AM »
I see this with silk jogger pants and Adidas shoes, honestly.  Utterly Basic clothing.

The basic was at myself, not at anyone else.  As in, this is the outfit I would wear to go get a spiced pumpkin latte at the country club on a warmish fall day.

Exactly. As comfortable as sweats but much higher up the food chain. I'm thinking emerald green stretch velvet. Silk or rayon if I could find it.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2020, 08:30:36 AM »
@BrendaP Do you think some of these outfits are made in a hurry?!

I suppose we should be thankful that the bodice and skirt are lined up  :thinking:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

UttaRetch

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2020, 08:38:47 AM »
The coat certainly looks as if it was made in a hurry from some old fabric that just happened to be lying around.  Another comment from PR is that the coat reminded someone of clerical garb and I can see it now.

maliw

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2020, 10:54:42 AM »
I think it's a dress @UttaRetch , the whole lot leaves me cold but thanks for the link.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

UttaRetch

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2020, 16:34:41 PM »
No @maliw, it's definitely a coat but entirely misconceived.

maliw

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2020, 18:03:02 PM »
Yes so it is @UttaRetch, I hadn't read the details :|
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

eluceo

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2020, 19:45:21 PM »
@UttaRetch  - LOL view C that is definitely not a coat by my standards.   Good question about the aubergine - I have no idea if it is an on trend color as I tend to not keep up with the Pantone color thing which seems to me just an attempt to get everyone to dress alike.

@BrendaP  - That is both sad and funny.  Definitely someone missed that pressing mistake.  In sewing class we had a term for a dart that looked like that but best not to use in polite company.  I find that dress to much like a waitress uniform for me.