The Sewing Place

Small item storage

Lilian

Re: Small item storage
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2020, 16:48:28 PM »
@Flobear corn snakes are lovely, I have never met one but have met a number of African pythons  :)
Willing but not always able :)

WendyW

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2020, 18:12:33 PM »
@fajita  I have a penchant for tins also. In my first picture above you can just barely see two old ones on top of the cabinet. Both are the button boxes from my two grandmas. I've used many tins over the years for storage of many things, but recently gave a bunch away. I'm trying to streamline my storage into a more cohesive less cluttered look, and I never could keep straight which tin was holding what. It seemed an abomination to cover up the pretty designs with labels, but that's obviously a counterproductive opinion. Then last month when we finished cleaning out my in-law's house, I brought home 2 more tins- vintage ones that held crackers and potato chips.

mudcat

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2020, 20:13:37 PM »
One could put a label on the bottom of the tin ... maybe?   :thumbsup:

Iminei

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2020, 09:24:28 AM »
@Flobear ... snakes??? You never said anything about snakes?? Can I come and play ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Flobear

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2020, 09:27:34 AM »
Of course you can, my lovely! Welcome any time. However, Piglet and Zizi don't come out much at all these days apart from feeding day so aren't used to being handled now.

Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

LeilaMay

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2020, 09:43:33 AM »
@WendyW  I use swing tags for my tins. I let them dangle out the side so I can tell what's in it without damaging the tin with sticky. Buy them in stationers, or hobbycraft-type places. Or make you own even. Might help?
Leila  :D

Gernella

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2020, 10:32:29 AM »

This one I found at Hobby Lobby a couple years ago and I love it. The drawers are very nicely sized for all the stuff that doesn't fit in the first cabinet.

That's a tad too organised for me @WendyW I've got boxes, baskets, crafting baskets, drawers all over the place.  I use it as a form of exercise when I want something, to decide exactly which one the item is in can take five minutes, moving from one side of the room to another before I hit the jackpot.  ;)
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included