The Sewing Place

Style Arc Tops and Cardigan Patterns 25% off

Helen M

Style Arc Tops and Cardigan Patterns 25% off
« on: August 26, 2020, 19:56:43 PM »
Style Arc tops and cardigan PDF patterns all have 25% off with code TOPTHAT25 from August 26th-29th. They can be bought either from their site or from Etsy.

https://www.stylearc.com/shop-category/pdf-sewing-patterns/pdf-cardigan-top-patterns/ and https://www.stylearc.com/shop-category/pdf-sewing-patterns/pdf-blouse-shirt-patterns/  should take to the right sections.

Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Happymrsg

Re: Style Arc Tops and Cardigan Patterns 25% off
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 22:59:06 PM »
I love the SA Jules tunic but have a fear of making a garment with Buttons & buttonholes. I have read a review that said they consider making with no fastening.

Helen M

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 23:24:38 PM »
I thought about that too as I think I saw something RTW that looked very similar. Needless to say I haven't got round to it as yet.....
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 09:20:06 AM »
@Happymrsg The Jules would work perfectly well with a faux button band - just sew the buttons onto the top band, stitching both bands together as you go.  It's loose and goes over your head, so no need to undo them.

I'm really pleased with the (wearable) toile I made, and have a piece of viscose lined up for another one.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Happymrsg

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 11:30:09 AM »
@Acorn it must have been your post about your toile of the Jules that drew my attention t the pattern. Thanks
Ive been reaiiy pleased with my SA patterns so far.

mudcat

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2020, 18:44:07 PM »
I love the SA Jules tunic but have a fear of making a garment with Buttons & buttonholes. I have read a review that said they consider making with no fastening.

I bought this one on the last sale.  I will make it without the sleeves though.  I think it would work without fastenings. I have a RTW sleeveless rayon top that is a similar style and even though it has buttons I slip it over my head without problem.  Though I am not sure if sleeves would make that more difficult.  My top is more body skimming than the Jules so it should probably be fine.