The Sewing Place

20% off everything at Textile Express (not to be confused with Textile Centre)

Puzzler

I recently registered with Textile Express so I could get a free fabric sample. I just received the email below. There is nothing to indicate from the main website there is a sale but if you put in the code, I presume anyone could get the discount. I just re-read the blurb. Perhaps the site will change at 5pm today. Get in there first, folks.  :ninja:

https://www.textileexpressfabrics.co.uk

Thank you from all of us at Textile Express!
The last few months have been hard for everyone as we all try and adjust in these strange times. All the team at Textile Express would like to say a big Thank You for your support.

From 5pm today we will be offering 20% off all stock items until 9am on Tuesday morning 01/09/20.

The good news is as a subscriber to our newsletter you can start to shop the sale straight away using the discount code BANK20. This is a great advantage in our stock only sale as some items will sell out.

Acorn

Their bricks and mortar shop is one that I visit several times a year, and, strangely, I was feeling a yearning to go there just this morning (not going to happen - they're a long way away and we're not going to be on the way anywhere for a good while!)

Many thanks @Puzzler.  I will have a virtual browse instead.   :)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Puzzler

The email also says that the shop floor won't be re-opening until October. Good thing you hadn't set off, @Acorn.

Acorn

Crikey!  It hadn't occurred to me that they wouldn't have re-opened yet.  It's a big shop although it has smaller rooms which I don't think could be made one way.  And, of course, there are all the problems about touching fabric.   -<

I am supposed to be subscribed to their newsletter, but I haven't had an email.   ><

Puzzler

As it happens, FedEx appeared at my door earlier with a curtain track for my bedroom window. The swatch I sent for was for curtains for that window. The price was very reasonable but with the 20% off..............I've got to make a .........decision  :scream:

Acorn

Oh dear - it took me 6 months to decide to go for it for our bedroom curtains, and I only made my mind up then because Curtain Fabric Store had a remnant that was exactly the right size and made the price a third of what it was elsewhere!

Still haven't actually made the curtains though - and that was last December!

BrendaP

Perhaps the site will change at 5pm today. Get in there first, folks.  :ninja:

https://www.textileexpressfabrics.co.uk

It's 5:23 now and it has changed  0_0
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Puzzler

Ha! They don’t have enough stock. It says to ring as they may be able to get more in but it’s too late today. I will give them a call tomorrow.