The Sewing Place

Long sleeved t-shirts

Syrinx

Long sleeved t-shirts
« on: August 28, 2020, 14:38:45 PM »
After a suggestion on the 6PAC thread I went on the hunt for long sleeved t-shirt patterns. With warnings about weird sleeves and shoulders from here and review sites I took a long time choosing.

I found a nice one that the pdf says is from "naptime creations".

Made one out of the most beautiful fabric that I'm so sad was end of roll. I'd love more. Good half way down bum length, nice fit over the shoulders neckline is a nice shape too. The sleeves were a tad long, but still wearable.

I made a second today out of stripey fabric. Made the sleeves 2" shorter and they're pretty bang on. I don't think it's as flattering as the other but it's nice. The fabric was awful on the eyes to make up!

It's quick to make up, even quicker with an overlocker I imagine and plenty of opportunity for top stitching.

All in all a nice pattern that I'll keep using; probably some heavier knits for winter.

Catllar

Re: Long sleeved t-shirts
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 13:20:51 PM »
They're great -love the stripes! Not seen this company before so I'll go have a look.

Another nice T-shirt pattern that comes with long sleeve options amongst others, is the Love Notions Patterns' Basic-T, and it comes with a full bust option, which can save a lot of faffing.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !