The Sewing Place

Septembers Final BOM - Slipknot

wrenkins

Re: Septembers Final BOM
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2020, 08:38:18 AM »
Mine is started and laid out ready to finish piecing but it's all too busy and I have lost the effect. Don't care. Love it!  :loveit:
Where's @Kenora? She's offy quiet!
Kenora
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sandra

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2020, 09:06:51 AM »

:)

I'm nowhere nearer to deciding the colours in the second one.  :thinking:

Sandra.
xxx

Acorn

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2020, 09:15:00 AM »
Ooh that's lovely!  Well steamrollered, too!   ;)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Sandra

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2020, 09:22:09 AM »
Well steamrollered, too!   ;)

0_0 Ha, ha...yes. For me, that's quite flat. Don't know what happened. It'll stand out from the other blocks for being different.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2020, 09:24:21 AM »
Beautiful ... Run along and join Acorn on the BOMHOF, she might need a lil help opening the Fizz

:angel:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2020, 09:25:10 AM »
@Sandra that is gorgeous as always.  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Kenora

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2020, 10:57:57 AM »
Mine is started and laid out ready to finish piecing but it's all too busy and I have lost the effect. Don't care. Love it!  :loveit:
Where's @Kenora? She's offy quiet!
Kenora

@wrenkins  - I'm here! Have had to be content with mostly "lurking" for a week or so. Have been concentrating my energies on sick  :meow: . Also, step-daughter asked me to help her make 30 masks for her friend's FIL's funeral. Have only just finished them so hope to look at BOM soon. :) Love what's been made so far ❤️.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

wrenkins

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2020, 12:49:12 PM »
Oh wow you have been a busy bee. I hope the cat's ok. Him indoors' feral visitor went from very fat to quite slim on Sunday so there are kittens somewhere. He thinks they're in his wide hedge so she's safe there. It's a terrible worry when they're ill.  <3

I've had a traumatic busy morning and here's what happened.

And yesterday I made this. I went for rectangles! The pieces were too small for anything else. :laughing:

Acorn

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2020, 13:22:58 PM »
Very nice!  (Both of them.)

I think my all-one-shape block may have to be rectangles because I do have a lot of narrow strips that I would love to use up.

Syrinx

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2020, 14:44:57 PM »

Just to let you know @Sandra  Ladies ... Neither of these blocks are the Fu Man Chu's Fiendish Puzzle block aka the block of Satan, the one that left me a gibbering wreck after 9 hours of slog

Do you have a link Imi? I love puzzle blocks

Bjay

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2020, 16:21:45 PM »
Hi I have returned.
I will look carefully rather than just picture spotting tomorrow.

Loads of odds and ends for the 3rd one but that will come later (I hope)
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Acorn

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2020, 18:19:44 PM »
Part two done.  It's going to need quilting to death to get it to behave, but it's done.  It's lying on the backing fabric in the picture so that the green of the cutting mat didn't show through.  It's not so that I can hide the fact that it's rather short of 12.5in square.  Of course not.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 18:24:12 PM by Acorn »

wrenkins

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2020, 18:28:28 PM »
That is brilliant @Acorn. I am in awe!  :o

supergran

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2020, 18:54:31 PM »
Absolutely gorgeous @Acorn . Love it. Your quilt is going to be beautiful.

Iminei

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2020, 07:36:20 AM »
@Acorn  ... Did you make that using our cheats methods of HST's Geese and SiS or the Traditional method as I did? Only asking because I can see you had the same problem as I did with (just) one of your Geese (unlike my 3 Gonky Geese)

and mine is short too!

Apart from that Its beautiful and I wholeheartedly agree that your quilt is going to be beautiful ... In fact most of them are going to be ... Im in big awe of what you girls have done this year ... youve excelled yourselves!

Now run along and get that second bottle of fizz in the fridge for the others once they've finished their three blocks

:angel:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again