Pearl

Re: Septembers Final BOM
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2020, 17:51:46 PM »
Good job, @Bjay

Acorn

« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2020, 17:56:25 PM »
Ooh - that's nice @Bjay!    :thumbsup:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Flobear

« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2020, 18:36:56 PM »
Looking impressive, laydeez  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I still have half the month left, haven't I?
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Iminei

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2020, 09:47:55 AM »
Wonderful @Bjay  just the Challenge and you're done ... Am I right???

:angel:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bjay

« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2020, 10:33:25 AM »
@Iminei Yes - just the challenge - there is one i don't like  but I think it will have to be included - not the block, how I've done it
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Iminei

« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2020, 10:44:19 AM »
Well you must all have at least 9 beautiful blocks to make up, or 12 or even 16 ....

Myself Im no t loving either of my courthouse step[s blocks so they may well not make the final cut ...
but my second (Full) log cabin I like now.

If there is one you like but arent so happy with the finish, why not revisit it???
You're all much more skilled than you were at the start of this.

wrenkins

« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2020, 11:06:58 AM »
I had the bright idea of putting one of my lesser fancied blocks on the back but then I realised that I had already backed most of them. Muppet!  :laughing:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Kenora

« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2020, 11:07:44 AM »
I finished my block last week but forgot to post the photo. >< It turned out Ok-ish but I can't say it was one I enjoyed making - even though I like the block.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I now have 14 blocks and have decided on a layout for my quilt. The 2 blocks I like the least will be going on the back. :) I doubt I'll get the challenge block made as I have a lot going on here so it's going to
take me all my time just to finish the quilt.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Iminei

« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2020, 11:25:37 AM »
But as ever, Kenora you made a beautiful job of it!

Wonderful, join the others on the BM HOF now ...

:angel:

wrenkins

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2020, 12:22:30 PM »
Lovely @Kenora. These are going to be gorge!!!  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

supergran

« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2020, 13:20:53 PM »
Beautiful, as ever @Kenora . I'm struggling with the challenge. Like Jenny Doan, I'm angularly challenged.   :headbang:

Kenora

« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2020, 14:04:29 PM »
Thank you. Strangely, the purple cotton is absolutely rubbish quality but behaves perfectly. :o The green is a good quality quilting cotton but has a mind of its own - it stretches out if you even look at it!  :S Don't look too closely at the block. (But I'm quite pleased with the photo I took of all the blocks together to decide on the final layout) :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Sheilago

« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2020, 22:27:55 PM »
Ooh, started the tangled star tonight.... lots and lots of unpicking.  :faints:
Maybe I was too tired after a busy day, but I now have the 9 component blocks finished,  I think. Had to give up at 10pm, so will hopefully finish it tomorrow.

The next one doesn’t look any easier!  :rolleyes:

Sheilago

« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2020, 18:34:26 PM »
Here is is - a bit wonky, but not surprising after all the unpicking. Also my medium and dark are too similar and the light is too light. Otherwise it’s perfect!  :dance: Ideally I would do another one, but just don’t have time just now. It’ll do, it’s only for the spare room!

Sheilago

« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2020, 09:14:10 AM »
I’m thinking that when it comes to the quilting I could quilt the light blue pieces in darker thread to highlight the shape.  Mmm or maybe do a bit of machine embroidered outline, before I quilt. :thinking: