Bridesmaids outfits

charlotte

Re: Bridesmaids outfits
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2021, 13:38:09 PM »
First bridesmaid in her outfit!

SkoutSews

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2021, 15:03:59 PM »
That's so pretty! I love the back detail.

maliw

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2021, 16:11:27 PM »
That's lovely and different  :perfect10:
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Lachica

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2021, 17:21:34 PM »
She looks gorgeous, and very happy in her outfit. You've got a great fit.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Silver Rose

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2021, 17:38:36 PM »
Very pretty, lovely colour.
Still learning

Elnnina

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2021, 11:11:52 AM »
What a gorgeous yet unusual bridesmaids dress, just love all the detail on the back bodice.  How many bridesmaids are you having?  The detail and all that scalloping is beautiful - well done.

charlotte

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2021, 12:38:44 PM »
What a gorgeous yet unusual bridesmaids dress, just love all the detail on the back bodice.  How many bridesmaids are you having?  The detail and all that scalloping is beautiful - well done.

I’ve got six bridesmaids! The skirts are all different colours and then the tops are the same fabric but with different underlining (so they look slightly different colours) and different styles.

Sheilago

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2021, 12:39:19 PM »
Just gorgeous and a perfect fit. I’m really looking forward to seeing the wedding photos. I hope you post a few!  :D

Elnnina

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2021, 16:11:06 PM »
Wow Charlotte, six bridesmaids, one bridal gown and a mother of the bride outfit - any more?

charlotte

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2021, 16:14:13 PM »
Wow Charlotte, six bridesmaids, one bridal gown and a mother of the bride outfit - any more?

Hopefully not!  :laughing:

datcat23

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2021, 23:10:52 PM »
If you have enough scraps of the floral lawn, remember to make pocket handkerchiefs for all the groomsmen. 

I am impressed with your sewing, and your plan for your wedding party.  They are really quite beautiful. 
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

charlotte

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2021, 11:11:34 AM »
Finished another bridesmaid top!

Had a bit of a nightmare, because I changed my mind at the last minute and put in an invisible zip instead of a separating one, but I forgot that meant I should put in my all in one facing before the zip. :headbang:

I decided that cutting the facing into separate neck and armhole facings was better than unpicking, and I think it's worked out okay. It's maybe a little bulky on the strap where the overlocked edges meet, but it probably lies better than it would have with the original all-in-one facing.

b15erk

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2021, 11:20:30 AM »
Beautiful! @charlotte  <3

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Elnnina

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2021, 11:30:03 AM »
Again this is looking beautiful, love the colour of the lining, you have obviously put a lot of thought into how the wedding party are going to look and also all the detail on both your dress and those of the bridesmads, and the mother of the bride outfit - no wonder you started sewing these so early they are going to be stunning.

charlotte

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2021, 16:21:34 PM »
Two more top toiles completed! I feel like I am approaching the home stretch now... which is fortunate given we've got less than four months left!!  :D