The Sewing Place

Bridesmaids outfits

Gernella

Re: Bridesmaids outfits
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2021, 16:46:48 PM »
I remember years ago when my next door neighbour made her daughter's wedding dress.  The agreement was that future mum in law would do the bridesmaids dresses, six I think.  The wedding dress was duly done but six weeks before the wedding mother in law had not even started.  It got down to four weeks and my neighbour was getting really panicky.  To cut a long story short she finished up doing all the bridesmaids dresses.  I felt terrible at the time because I was working but really busy and just didn't want to get involved in something that had to be right and under pressure, I had enough of that at work.

You have my deepest admiration @charlotte you have made a wonderful job.
Stash extension 2021 -21.7 meters
Left at the end of 2020 - 47.5 meters

charlotte

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2021, 10:24:37 AM »
Another one done! Halfway there now!

However, wearer of the V neck top in the centre of the above picture has decided that she doesn't want the top tucked in, and wants it cropped to the waist.  :\ I think my plan is to leave the invisible zip in the back (just unpick a bit just above the new hem) and add a second invisible zip upside down in the side seam. It does also need taking in a bit, so I  need to redo the side and/or princess seams anyway, otherwise I think I would flat out refuse.

Elnnina

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2021, 12:48:10 PM »
These bridesmaids dresses are absolutely beautiful Charlotte, just love the colours and they all go so well with the bodice fabric, I do hope hour bridesmaids appreciate just how much you are putting into making all of these.

Missie

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2021, 13:04:28 PM »
I love that they are all similar yet different.  Fab idea and great job!
A measly 2.5m of stash used so far!