The Sewing Place

Tilly and the buttons Sewing Rooms

UttaRetch

Re: Tilly and the buttons Sewing Rooms
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2020, 09:58:07 AM »
My sewing room is still not finished, but it is small and dominated by a big cutting table.  All my fabrics, scraps, patterns and notions are in tubs or boxes behind cupboard doors. 

Gernella

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2020, 10:08:48 AM »
Yes and that's a table  to die for @UttaRetch
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Efemera

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2020, 11:02:45 AM »
@Efemera some serious drooling going on here. The view is delightful. I'd like a closer look into those 2 glass fronted cupboards. I have a fair amount of that sort of stuff and love to see what others have. Any chance you could do a couple photos for moi with the doors open? Pretty please?..... :D

Here you go @Renegade Sewist .. most of the stuff is me made.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2020, 13:22:03 PM »
For all those that think their sewing room is untidy, this may make you feel better  0_0

In my defence, my room is only 7'6" x 7'6".

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

UttaRetch

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2020, 16:00:39 PM »
I have managed to capture some of my sewing room, but the table is the dominating feature.  I need a small bookcase since the walls are not supporting.  Ironing will be done on the landing and the board kept in the boiler cupboard.

Syrinx

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2020, 16:28:26 PM »
Where did you get that glorious table from @UttaRetch?!

UttaRetch

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2020, 16:37:33 PM »
The table is made up of two lengths of 60.96 cm x 182.88 cm 'boards' (can't remember exactly what) joined together and then mounted on my Brother's old drawing board.  The table is also waist high in the hope that it will be kinder on my back. 

Gernella

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2020, 16:48:53 PM »
For all those that think their sewing room is untidy, this may make you feel better  0_0

In my defence, my room is only 7'6" x 7'6".

That is a good defence @Bodgeitandscarper I don't know how you manage with all the stuff you have.  To me it looks extremely tidy. 
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Sewingsue

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2020, 17:17:09 PM »
@UttaRetch I spotted the mid-century sideboard - or is it?
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Ellabella

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2020, 17:26:31 PM »
@UttaRetch I have exactly the same sewing cabinet, do you still have the original machine inside?

UttaRetch

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2020, 17:38:47 PM »
@Sewingsue, it's a sewing machine cupboard and @Ellabella, yes it contains my Mother's old Singer 401.

Elnnina

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2020, 17:55:20 PM »
UttaRetch you have the beginnings of a lovely sewing space, something I know you have hankered after for many years.  I think we all have 'cutting out table' envy, perhaps we should all come round to you to use it!!!!  Seriously though what is stopping you now with regards to sewing?  Look forward to seeing your makes, you are far better than you think - I remember well that beautiful grey coloured coat, the one where you did something a bit different at the back waist, and then there was your gorgeous 'tapestry' type coat.

UttaRetch

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2020, 17:59:40 PM »
Thank you.  I still have both coats, but both weren't terribly well thought through and the plan has been for several years to improve my coat making.  I will get around to making something eventually, but don't hold your breath waiting.  :D

Sewingsue

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2020, 20:00:49 PM »
@Sewingsue, it's a sewing machine cupboard and @Ellabella, yes it contains my Mother's old Singer 401.
I was right  :)
I had no idea cabinets like that ever existed. It would go perfectly with my sideboard and desk.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

UttaRetch

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2020, 20:26:04 PM »
It is a nice piece of furniture in and of itself.  If you ever come across just the cabinet, you can be sure that the seller knows its worth.  ;)