The Sewing Place

Tilly and the buttons Sewing Rooms

Gernella

Re: Tilly and the buttons Sewing Rooms
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2020, 10:14:16 AM »

Now the sewing guild and quilt guilds are a whole nother story....

Oh come on @Renegade Sewist do tell, we've only got virtual  gossip now to entertain us.  How they heck do they lug those big embroidery machines around, they look like the weight a ton.

Well if you want long lasting @Kwaaked, the oldies are the best and still getting good prices. I can understand people getting fabulous machines if they are really into embroidery or work  that needs embellishment.  From my point of view I would think that I never used more than  12 stitches.  Not only that, I've never even tried the other stitches to see what they look like so really I'm on overkill but I like the machine itself, it feels sturdy, it's easy to select stitches and in its 11th year I'm not swapping until it dies and maybe if the best man on the production line put it together, it could see me out. :P

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Helen M

Re: Tilly and the buttons Sewing Rooms
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2020, 10:26:52 AM »
@Gernella I read "at my lake house" and knew who said that before I got to the rest.  :dance:

So did I @Renegade Sewist  ;)
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55