The Sewing Place

Tilly and the buttons Sewing Rooms

Renegade Sewist

Re: Tilly and the buttons Sewing Rooms
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2020, 00:18:25 AM »
Yep, I could move into this room @datcat23  and I'll have that chair as well I've shifted my bum that much on the edge of mine it has worn away down to the foam now.  I think that will be my Christmas present, a new chair.

@Gernella my new chair is bought and in the box waiting for a sewing nook to settle down in.  :thumbsup:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Syrinx

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2020, 09:41:08 AM »
Hopefully this makes everyone feel better about messy spaces. Instead of having this whole room I'm squished in this bit, with dodgy tables and parkour to get to anything  :laughing:

It will hopefully come together, but I'm managing at the moment. Please note my smal victory of stealing the inside iron and board because no one is using it today so it's all miiiinnnnnne mwahahahahaaaaa.

I can't stand all those threads out in unlight unnecessarily, same with fabric. Most of mine are boxed under the table. A fair few on the table as you can see but those are currently being used or will be.

Ellabella

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2020, 10:10:02 AM »
Mines not too bad at the moment.

I do appreciate having a space that’s just mine :loveit:

Mind you I’m going to have a go at bag making once my hardware arrives so that will mean bits everywhere  :laughing:  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Syrinx

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2020, 10:12:18 AM »
Oh that sewing table with plastic slidey is wonderful!

wrenkins

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2020, 10:26:25 AM »
Aha! That's who has the thank you beam. @Ellabella when I was clearing my workspace I was packing all my cards and trying to remember who it was that has their cards up. I need to make a thing now to display them. A memory corner.
I'm loving all these sewing spaces.  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Acorn

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2020, 12:11:08 PM »
I don't think I dare show you my sewing room - I have my machine embroidery threads on racks on the wall, and my fabrics are either hanging from a rail or folded on shelves.   -<

The room gets no direct sunlight other than early in the mornings in winter when the sun is low, and even then it doesn't get beyond the window reveal.  There are two very large sycamore trees 25 feet away, and beyond that the mountain rises up - a lovely view, but not bright.

I have never had anything fade, and they have been like this in this room for 7 years, and were in a far sunnier room at our previous house.  They give me so much inspiration and pleasure that I would not think of having them any other way while I am lucky enough to have the space to store them like this.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ellabella

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2020, 12:29:57 PM »
@Syrinx if you mean my table it’s just a desk that cost £30 on eBay. My very useful DH cut the hole for my machine and suspended a shelf underneath.  The extension table was a freebie with my machine.

It’s the best thing in my sewing room and makes life so much easier.  I’ve just been making some fairly large curtains and cleared the area to the left of the machine to support the fabric and it was much easier that way.

Bless him he has his uses 0_0

Gernella

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2020, 13:12:43 PM »

Bless him he has his uses 0_0

And hasn't he got some, hang onto him
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

UttaRetch

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2020, 13:16:22 PM »
My cutting table is too high for a chair, although I bar stool might work, and I have decided to sew standing up since it means that large pieces of fabric won't be spilling over onto the floor.

Gernella

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2020, 15:05:38 PM »
This where we are going wrong friends:

" Is this your primary machine? My primary cover stitch machine! I do have an Evolution at my lake house but this lives at my Virginia house so it's the only one there."

Spread your craft across a couple of properties or maybe three.

Nearest I'll get to spreading is a shed in the back garden.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

UttaRetch

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2020, 18:26:30 PM »
Lake house Annie as she is known in my snarky WhatsApp group.  :laughing:

Gernella

« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2020, 19:37:04 PM »
I could get a bit jealous because you read some of the comments and they all seem to be buying very expensive machines like they were tuppence and Faceache groups are just as bad.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2020, 01:05:34 AM »
This where we are going wrong friends:

" Is this your primary machine? My primary cover stitch machine! I do have an Evolution at my lake house but this lives at my Virginia house so it's the only one there."

Spread your craft across a couple of properties or maybe three.

Nearest I'll get to spreading is a shed in the back garden.

@Gernella I read "at my lake house" and knew who said that before I got to the rest.  :dance:

Funny thing, you all would have loved the annual 10 day sewing retreats at my sewing friends lakeside "cabin" that slept 15 in beds and another 10 to 15 in other accommodations. Only went twice. I haven't heard if it survived the fire. A lot of places were destroyed in that area.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2020, 01:11:30 AM »
@Gernella in the monthly machine embroidery group I used to attend everyone else had TOL machines in the $9000-$12000 range. Mostly Brother machines. There I come in with my $300 Brother. No snobbish from them. Instead they would give me suggestions on  how to maximize it's potential.

Now the sewing guild and quilt guilds are a whole nother story....

Kwaaked

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2020, 02:46:11 AM »
Heh, then you have me...I use a 1927 Singer 66 treadle I paid 50 bucks for  (most of my machines, including my industrual over lock were $50 or less).  My most expensive machine is $400...and it's my industrial.

If you can afford the TOL machines and it's what you want, more power to you.  I'll be happy for you.  I just don't need one or want one. 

Besides, who is going to be impressed with what I have?  I share about my shop because I sew there and it's the only space that is pretty much all mine and I've wanted a studio since I was a kid, but everything else I've got is like why, though?