The Sewing Place

McCalls et al US Pattern Sale

classical retro

McCalls et al US Pattern Sale
« on: September 04, 2020, 15:03:15 PM »
Sorry I can't use that other company name, but their sale is on for Labor (sic) Day Weekend at the real knock down price. $4.99 for McCalls, Kwik Sew and Butterick, $6.99 for Vogue.
From what I can see only discontinued patterns are not on sale.

Enjoy.

CR :angel:

Gernella

Re: McCalls et al US Pattern Sale
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 16:24:16 PM »
I was reading a post on Pattern Review today which seemed to indicate that Kwik Sew was being discontinued.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 16:38:26 PM »
There’s been nothing exciting pattern  wise  for ages

mudcat

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 17:13:52 PM »
Sorry I can't use that other company name, but their sale is on for Labor (sic) Day Weekend at the real knock down price. $4.99 for McCalls, Kwik Sew and Butterick, $6.99 for Vogue.

I might actually pick up a few this time around since there were a couple of Vogues in the fall collection that I liked.  I think BMV ruined Kwik Sew.  I used to like them back in the 2000s.  Really excellent instructions and techniques not seen in the Big 4.

@classical retro ... it took me a minute to figure out why you wrote (sic).   :laughing:

« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 17:16:04 PM by mudcat »

Syrinx

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 17:27:11 PM »
Oooh there's a vogue skirt and jacket I'd quite like!

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 20:21:07 PM »

@classical retro ... it took me a minute to figure out why you wrote (sic).   :laughing:

:laughing: yes! American companies, American spelling. What did she expect?  He he he.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 20:27:40 PM »
I was reading a post on Pattern Review today which seemed to indicate that Kwik Sew was being discontinued.
Discontinued?  I knew that Kwik sew has been relegated to crafting and clothing dropped, so is the plan to now retire the imprint?

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 20:31:17 PM »
Yes I've bought 3 Vogues with my ClubBMV discount - didn't dare buy more because of the £15 import limit into the UK before paying tax. The postage has gone up a lot -$25 now and pretty dlow Still works out a lot cheaper than full price UK. One of my pattern purchases is that moto jacket with a peplum which looks like an Alexander McQueen knockoff. I have some nice faux suede from.the Textile Centre to use on it.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 09:00:37 AM »
I have my eye on the Vogue peplum moto jacket, but I don't expect to buy the pattern until the new lines arrive here and then go on sale.  Sometime next year should be about right.

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 09:04:23 AM »
I wonder when we'll ever get another pattern sale in the UK @UttaRetch . Apart from a one day 25% off and a few of the Sewing Bee patterns at half price I haven't seen any sales here since March.  :'(
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

UttaRetch

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2020, 09:09:10 AM »
The pattern sales weren't exactly regular.  They were roughly Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter.  There might be a sale around Christmas, but it could be the New Year before the next one.  All I know is that I am not paying full price for Vogues.