The Sewing Place

digitiser jr on win 10

toileandtrouble

digitiser jr on win 10
« on: September 02, 2020, 22:00:18 PM »
Has anyone got v3 to work with win 10?  If so, how?
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Iminei

Re: digitiser jr on win 10
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 07:16:51 AM »
Dont understand the question hon !
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 07:22:09 AM »
'Has anyone managed to get the digitising software to work on a Janome V3 using Windows 10 and if so, how?'

I'm guessing by the tone of the post that both V3 and digitising software are at risk of ending up out the window. I may be wrong...  :[ I have no idea what any of it means but good luck @toileandtrouble.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 07:25:31 AM »
I think v3 refers to version 3 of the software not a machine.  Do asking how to use the software on windows 10??????

wrenkins

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 07:27:50 AM »
Oh well spotted @Ohsewsimple. I was working totally blind.  8)  :S
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 07:29:59 AM »
I think V3 refers to Elvistoo and his brothers, otherwise why post in Adding Zing&Bling ???

toileandtrouble

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 09:10:54 AM »
Thank you all for thinking. Yes, it is Janome Digitiser Jr, version 3 which ran beautifully on Win7 and has been asked to go to Win10  (OH says Win 7 is not secure on the internet so he bought me a new Win 10 machine. He wants to upgrade the old one to 10 as well, so it will be useful) When I run the DVD  I get an error code about a HASP file. And it wants an updated dongle.  I thought that anyone else who had the software would recognise the question!
@wrenkins, the dvd might well end up out of the window, but I will keep the Janome 350e.

fajita

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 10:02:10 AM »
I have a V3. I have Windows 10. I have PE11. It all works together.
What is your problem and I will see if I hahaha, my husband can help you out with ideas to try. @toileandtrouble

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 10:21:57 AM »
How are you finding W10 @toileandtrouble ??? Asking as Im on 7 I think and my laptop  is a shining example of sleek efficiency (comprising a separate Wireless keyboard and mouse) and a gaping hole where the LT keyboard should be.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 10:38:03 AM »
I read that as you have version 3 of software called Digitizer Jr.

Either of these linkies of any use/help?

Linky 1

Linky 2

toileandtrouble

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 10:44:46 AM »
@fajita  It is for Janome, not Brother, glad yours works well! The problem I have is the security dongle I think.
@Iminei I don't like win10 nearly as much as win 7, I find it a clunky interface and not as intuitive. If it wasn't for the internet, I would have kept the old system. 
@Bodgeitandscarper I found the first link and was struggling with it.  The second one looks to be what I need but I am waiting for someone to hold my hand while I try it.  Will report back when I do.  Thanks a lot.   :loveit:

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2020, 12:10:43 PM »
Well @wrenkins not bad for first thing in the morning.  :)  And I couldn’t see any reason why a machine needed to work with software.  Software has to work with a computer.  And a little v rather than a large V.  Perhaps I’d make a good detective?   :laughing:

wrenkins

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2020, 12:47:42 PM »
Clouseau here was going along the lines of computerised embroidery machine (don't even know what one is) and small v as opposed to big V = sign of someone on their last nerve.  :laughing:

Syrinx

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 06:37:24 AM »
I'd think it probably just needs an update to run properly on win10. There'll be a faq on how to do it somewhere on the digising software's website.