The Sewing Place

Storage bags

Vezelay

Storage bags
« on: September 08, 2020, 11:46:54 AM »
I've been quiet here recently, struggling like so many and not sewing much. But I feel on the up so thought I'd post about the few simple items that did get made. Small bags and pouches are my default when I can't face anything more demanding.

First up are these DIY storage bags https://www.applegreencottage.com/diy-storage-bag/. The pattern gives all the various piece sizes and is free if you sign up to the newsletter. The instructions/tutorial are online. These aren't lined but have French seams. The fabric was discovered tucked away when we cleared my parents-in-law's house. They were large cotton scarves that he may have brought back for her on his exotic work travels.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

More coming soon...

Ellabella

Re: Storage bags
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 11:49:40 AM »
Love those fabrics @Vezelay , what a lucky find.

Nevis5

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 12:11:17 PM »
Ooh @Vezelay  those elephants!   :loveit:

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 12:50:34 PM »
They look great @Vezelay and the fabrics are really interesting.  Great use for them.  Given me some ideas actually.  :)

annieeg

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 17:12:24 PM »
@Vezelay   Really attractive as wall hangings, IMO. :thumbsup:

Vezelay

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 19:42:54 PM »
Just to add that the bags measure 12.5" x 8" plus a 3" gusset on each side - the smallest of the pattern's three sizes. If I'd filled them for the photo you would have seen that they're surprisingly spacious. A pair of my size 7 shoes fits comfortably.

RJR_38

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 21:59:42 PM »
They’re great!