The Sewing Place

Dunelm foam rubber?

sewingj

Dunelm foam rubber?
« on: September 11, 2020, 18:35:35 PM »
I`m going to make a new headboard.  We went into Dunelm last week (first time for me) and I noticed there was a piece of foam up on the wall but didn`t think to look closer.  Does anyone know if it comes in different thicknesses and if they will cut it to size?
Otherwise I will go back to my favourite online supplier (whose name escapes me at the moment)

wrenkins

Re: Dunelm foam rubber?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 18:38:40 PM »
Probably the least useless reply ever but I bought it years ago. Can't remember if it comes in different thicknesses but I think so and I cut mine with an electric carving knife.  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Helen M

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 20:44:26 PM »
I was just about to post what @wrenkins said about the electric carving knife. That was the way they all did it at the soft furnishing class I went to years ago but I didn't need to make a headboard at the time. Come to think of it I don't think we have the carving knife anymore.......
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 47

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 21:08:00 PM »
They have lots of different sizes.. at least they do in ours. They’re all stacked up in the curtain department.