The Sewing Place

Sunday 20th September

Gernella

Re: Sunday 20th September
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2020, 10:37:04 AM »
Sunday so it is a do nothing of any substance day. So I can read, play, plan, and sometimes spend money, although I did that yesterday, a bag of walnuts in shells for the large birdie.  He's 30 this year and as fit as a butcher's dog. It's a bit grey and breezy as well, which is fine by me.

Our occasional now shopping neighbour, brought us an extra large Morrisons chicken yesterday afternoon for £1.37, which has now gone in the freezer as I'd already got one.

Enjoy the day.

Stash extension 2020 -23 meters
Left at the end of 2019 - 39 meters

Silver Rose

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2020, 10:39:47 AM »
Love damsons, especially jam.
Still learning

Catllar

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2020, 10:53:19 AM »
We are so lucky with the weather in East Anglia aren't @Lowena ? I bet you are pleased you moved up here. I have just started to read "Tombland" by C J Sansom, it is set in and around  Norwich and is 865 pages long, that'll keep me out if mischief for a while. Having a break before I start cooking something for later.
@Silver Rose  I always chuckle to myself over the name of that book. Mr C saw it on the site and called down to me to have a look at the details, see if I fancied it. It's called Tom Bland , I was sure he said. Looked for ages to find a book called Tom Bland!

@TartanPaint Le Mans not the same this year, bit like Le Tour - not the same without all the people watching.

A lot cooler this morning, bright and sunny though but only mid-20s so Autumn deffo on the way now. Done a bit of ironing, H.......k in the form of sweeping and washing some of the floors. Had croissants for breakfast and have roast pork and roasties and trimmings for lunch. Bored, tired and ache. 

Desperately feel the need to buy fabric but have all my dance class bills coming in next month, so choices need to be made.

I finally decided against buying a overstitch machine as I don't think the investment is worth it for the use I'd make from it.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Acorn

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2020, 11:01:31 AM »
A few weeks ago Mr Acorn asked me if there were any types of sewing machine that I would like but hadn't got...  :faints: ... (he was thinking of hints for Christmas).  I mentioned an embellisher but told him there were a few different ones, and some were better than others.  He asked me to send him links to the good ones on Ebay so that he would know when Christmas got nearer.

Anyway, this arrived in our porch this morning (it was delivered to the neighbours yesterday when we were out).   :D

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

He never could wait until Christmas.  Oh, and apparently it isn't my Christmas present.   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Elnnina

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2020, 11:03:36 AM »
Acorn you lucky lass, now go and have fun playing with this is you have the time.

Flobear

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2020, 11:31:40 AM »
Has he been chatting with Mr @Ploshkin , @Acorn ?

Mr Bear, whilst kind and extremely well-meaning, would probably choose an ebay seller who didn't actually send the thing he paid for. It's happened to him twice already - only small items - and he's done nothing about it. He also hasn't pursued Ryanair for the refund on his cancelled flight to Ireland  :headbang:

Dogs are such a help when dressmaking!

Pearl

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2020, 11:58:33 AM »
Oooh, that looks interesting, @Acorn .  I look forward to seeing what you do with that.

I'm always confused when @Ploshkin posts about Clarence, because, isn't that @Bodgeitandscarper 's grandson?  What is he doing up the scaffolding?  He's a baby!

I've been to visit my mum and am now enjoying five minutes before I start to cook the dinner.  I'll be hand quilting my BOM this afternoon.

Have a good day, all and enjoy the sunshine.

Lowena

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2020, 12:00:17 PM »
Yes @Silver Rose every time I look at the cloudless sky I'm so glad we moved back.
Done 2hrs gardening,fell over twice  :| so decided a break was in order. Coffee and a lie on my sunbed with a book  ;)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Nevis5

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2020, 12:39:22 PM »
Hello all.  Nice and sunny here but not particularly warm.  I went out for a shortish walk before breakfast and was glad of my jacket and scarf today.  I've recorded another bedtime story for my grandson and finished off my cord trousers this morning.  Just got to give them a final press and do the rest of the ironing :(    Then it's on to a couple of tops for DD who needs loads of new clothes due to having to constantly change them between schools.  They aren't paying her enough to afford a whole new wardrobe :(

@Silver Rose   I really enjoyed Tombland, it was a part of history I knew nothing about.  I hope you like it.

Have a great afternoon, everyone.  Enjoy the remnants of summer :(

xx

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2020, 12:47:22 PM »
Well started off sunny.  Sat out for coffee and the sun disappeared and then it started raining! 
Not much so should be ok the rest of the day.

Prepped a load of veg for roasting to go with some fish.  Probably be in the sewing room later. 

Bjay

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2020, 14:03:42 PM »
Hiya
Late today  -it's my 2nd Birthday.  :toast:
daughter and OH are coming with a Take way afternoon tea and we are zooming with my other sin and family. Plans were made for a day out but the Rule of 6 ended that, Meant we couldn't meet up as there would be 9 of us so this is the altermative

Hope I finally have cake! :cake:

A lovely day so we have swept the patio and put out chair cushions

Hoping all TSP's are enjoying the last few days of summer

Trying to find my way on the Dark side

grannysyb

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2020, 14:09:05 PM »
Lovely day here,  been to allotment to check on the bees,  DH was worried that the verroa control he had put in the hives had killed the queens,  but he found them. I covered the old bean bed with muck and will move the strawberries into it next week.  Went with people from my sewing class to Farnham maltings yesterdayfor craft and fabric sale. Bought some lovely blue poly crepe for trousers, shirt pattern from when the sun goes down,  and viscose for the shirt.Must finish all the UFOs before I start anything else!

Ploshkin

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2020, 15:10:39 PM »
@grannysyb has your DH had a good honey crop this year?
Mine has been good but a lot of beekeepers I know have had nothing and are having to feed.
Life's too short for ironing.

annieeg

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2020, 15:48:07 PM »
We are so lucky with the weather in East Anglia aren't @Lowena ? I bet you are pleased you moved up here. I have just started to read "Tombland" by C J Sansom, it is set in and around  Norwich and is 865 pages long, that'll keep me out if mischief for a while. Having a break before I start cooking something for later.
I have this in my audible collection and I really enjoyed it.

Greybird

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2020, 16:02:51 PM »
We have just had a lovely interlude in the garden with @twopence and Mr T who are both delightful people, on their way to a week's holiday. So nice to be able to put a face to the name after all this time!

I may (or may not!) have a look at starting my blinds for the garden room. I might achieve checking the measurements anyway!