The Sewing Place

Monday 21st September

Ploshkin

Monday 21st September
« on: September 21, 2020, 07:27:01 AM »
I think I've got the right date this time  :)
Good morning.
Today, the builder's electrician is going to change the kitchen under cupboard lights to LEDs so yesterday I cleaned the undersides of the cupboards so that his hair didnt stick to them.  A bit of a thankless task as it can't be seen but it will be good not to have to take out a mortgage every time the lights need changing.
Ive got some chutney to finish off today, I found I had no sugar yesterday when it had got to that stage.  Not sure what else is on the cards.
Have a good day everyone.
Life's too short for ironing.

annieeg

Re: Monday 21st September
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 07:42:19 AM »
Good morning all
The sun is not quite out yet but it's due to be a lovely day.
I have lots of things on my do-list today, and if I can cross off half of them I'll be pleased.
Made an apple crumble yesterday but didn't use enough sugar so it was floury and a bit burnt :scream:
Will make more crumble topping today to try and rescue it - waste not, want not ...
Have a good day all.

Celia

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 08:50:16 AM »
Good morning everyone, Weather overcast and doesn’t seem to warm but is supposed to brighten later.
Just housework today and maybe a little more sorting out in the garage come utility room.

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 09:12:53 AM »
Good morning, cool and misty start to the day here but the sun should come through later. I've got a few chores to do today as well as make a mushroom and blue cheese tart.  I'll be getting winter clothes out at the end of the week if the weather forecast is correct. I don't want to put the heating on yet so I might be wearing extra layers. Have a good Monday.
Still learning

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 09:14:26 AM »
Sunny, hardly any breeze, and 14°C.  Definitely getting more autumnal now  :'(

I'm going to see some 5 week old puppies today  :dance: :dance: and deliver the blankets and bags I've made for them.

Apparently, I'm not allowed another puppy...  :'( :'(
It's probably a good job they are all reserved then.

twopence

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 09:19:08 AM »
We’ve got underfloor heating in this cottage which I hope keeps us warm with the weather change.  We’re off to walk from Lynmouth to Watersmeet today.  Meanwhile OH is checking out the very swish shower so that he can explain to me how it works.

Pearl

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 09:22:51 AM »
No call this morning so no work. 

I’m trying to make a decision about the joining strips for the BOM.  Leaning towards charcoal grey.  Will also do some more hand quilting.

Enjoy your break, @twopence .  There is underfloor heating in most of the schools I work in and they are always warm. 

Have a good day, all.

BrendaP

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 09:32:31 AM »
Dull and misty here but not too chilly.  Nothing special on the agenda today, there's a bit of ironing to do and general tidying up, and fabric in the stash to contemplate.

Have a good day everyone.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Acorn

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 09:40:13 AM »
A move towards the normal today, for me at least.  Freshers' Week for Mr Acorn and he phoned to say that his usual car park, which would normally have been almost full when he arrived, had only 4 cars in it.

The first lot of washing is in and I have a heap of apples to prep and freeze, a pile of enormous onions to prepare and store, a wall of tiles to grout and a kitchen to rediscover under all the clutter that has accumulated.  Oh, and a Morrisons delivery this afternoon, which is going to need fridge and cupboard space.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ellabella

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 09:45:45 AM »
Beautiful morning here, blue sky and sunshine but I can’t attest to the temperature as I haven’t been outside.

My new sewing group Zoom meeting has just been cancelled, the tutor is unwell, so I have decided to get to grips with the top stitching on the bag I’m making.

It’s such a simple thing but it will make or break how the bag looks, so I have been skirting around it since yesterday.

Big girl pants on, just another coffee before I start.

Gernella

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 09:49:48 AM »

I'm going to see some 5 week old puppies today  :dance: :dance: and deliver the blankets and bags I've made for them.

I hope they have good security @Bodgeitandscarper  because there are many being stolen just lately, some people are complete shits, to put it mildly.
Stash extension 2020 -23 meters
Left at the end of 2019 - 39 meters

Iminei

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2020, 10:09:18 AM »

I hope they have good security @Bodgeitandscarper  because there are many being stolen just lately,

I hope you/re not suggesting B&S might come back home a puppy heavier ... :o :rolleyes:

After my marathon day yesterday (2am awake till 11.30pm) I slept straight through til 9.30 !!!! Almost unheard of for me but am still feeling tired!!!!

It looks lovely out there and I came down to find my Mugrug parcel has arrived !!! :dance:

Have good days peeps !
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sewingsue

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2020, 10:16:12 AM »
Sunny here and might be the last mild day.
I have just phoned the roofer I usually use (OK last bill was 2010) left a message.

Supermarket delivery tomorrow and boiler service on Wednesday - I am not used to this much excitement.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Gernella

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2020, 10:19:52 AM »

I hope they have good security @Bodgeitandscarper  because there are many being stolen just lately, [/b][/i]

I hope you/re not suggesting B&S might come back home a puppy heavier ... :o :rolleyes:

Do you know, I'd never even noticed that little pearler slipping through @Bodgeitandscarper. :laughing:
Stash extension 2020 -23 meters
Left at the end of 2019 - 39 meters

Bjay

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 10:27:39 AM »
Hiya
Feel more relaxed now the weekend is over. It always ties me up in knots - my birthday.

Plans are of a relaxing nature as well - gardening, walking, sewing, eating! Note no HW!

Must make a plan for the apples - loads of them this year. Anyone suggest how to freeze them, please?

right washing to go on line and hope it dries - no sign of the sun yet
Trying to find my way on the Dark side