The Sewing Place

Monday 21st September

Acorn

Re: Monday 21st September
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2020, 10:33:31 AM »
I prepare them as pie fillings or apple sauce and freeze them like that - just a quick simmer so that they don't break down completely, with a bit of water and enough sugar for the purpose.  I don't like apple puree!  I'm going to add blueberries to some of these too.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

wrenkins

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2020, 11:14:32 AM »
Morning all.
Veh veh sleepy even after a good night's sleep. I hope this doesn't signal yet another migraine.  :S
I'm not going to work again. The mayhem is beginning and I don't care.  :dance:

In my new job I am putting the final touches to the REUSE, UPCYCLE, TRANSFORM sewalong and/or competition. I am giving YOU ALL a heads up as there are always some little tinkers who wander in in a daze saying they've missed it or the other tinkers who have started a week too early having forgotten when it started!  :laughing: The announcement proper will be made on Wednesday giving you a week to sort your stuff so staaaart     yoooour      engines.
The CHECKS, PLAIDS AND TARTANS sewalong is paddling along a little too quietly for my liking so I'll meet you over there later for a chat. Be there and get square... sorry. :( I'll get my coat. It's tartan!!!!  :laughing:

Enjoy your Monday.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

LeilaMay

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2020, 11:19:59 AM »
Today's mail - a new pair of scissors :)  I dropped mine the other day - by accident of course - and they fell 'just so' and broke where they join, so I have two perfect blades, and a broken in two joining bit. Who knew? (Mundial red dot).

Back to work  . . .

Ploshkin

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2020, 11:25:43 AM »
I hope they have good security @Bodgeitandscarper  because there are many being stolen just lately, some people are complete shits, to put it mildly.

I think that's largely driven by the eyewatering prices that people will pay for puppies of many breeds and that itself is partly driven by 'celebrities' parading their dogs (or dressing them up or carrying them in bags  :S ) on social media.
Life's too short for ironing.

UttaRetch

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 11:40:39 AM »
Went for a brisk walk earlier and have started reading through the instructions for McCall's 7875 to guage how much effort I want to expend.  The collar and cuffs call for quilting, but I am not altogether sold.  I also have too decide what size to make, weather to line and then trace off the pattern pieces.  A lot of work that is going to take ages.
What goes around comes around.

Nevis5

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 11:47:38 AM »
Hi all.  A gorgeous day here after a chilly misty start. I've just put the washing on the line.

I've been into town and done a bit of top up shopping.  We're supposed to be going to see our grandson across a huge garden tomorrow which I'm beyond excited about. Just hope that the door doesn't get slammed on us again before then.  I'd be happy to cope with another lockdown if I could just get those few minutes with him (even if I'm not allowed to be within metres of him.)  Also DS was supposed to be coming here for his birthday at the weekend but it's looking less likely at the moment :(  poor soul.

I finished off my corduroy trousers yesterday, am very pleased with them - especially when I got the new Seasalt catalogue by email yesterday and noticed that casual tapered cord trousers are obviously very 'in'.  Trendy, much, moi???  Haha!

Today's plan is to trace off a couple of patterns to alter for DD.  Not sure whether or not she will be working much longer; at least two of her schools had positive test results last week for some of the pupils.  :(

Enjoy the last gasp of summer, everyone xxx

Puzzler

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2020, 12:14:48 PM »
I hope they have good security @Bodgeitandscarper  because there are many being stolen just lately, some people are complete shits, to put it mildly.

I was in the park yesterday and saw a sign about a cockapoo who was stolen from a private home in broad daylight. Description of the vehicle but no registration. Where I used to live a local family had two cockapoos stolen from their back garden. Are they so valuable? Most dogs are neutered so they aren't stealing them for breeding purposes. What happens when they need the vet and their chip is checked? Very upsetting for the owners. Yeah, complete shits.

Silver Rose

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2020, 12:18:37 PM »
Hooray the sun is out now, the mushroom and cheese tart is in the oven and I'm resting my legs. Getting a bit hungry now, I skipped breakfast this morning, naughty me. I normally enjoy breakfast but felt a bit bilious earlier, OK now though.
Still learning

Efemera

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2020, 12:39:55 PM »
There’s a word you don’t hear very often @Silver Rose ... bilious.
I’m bored today ....

fajita

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2020, 12:52:41 PM »
My excitement for the day over. A trip to the dental hygienist.  :D

BrendaP

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2020, 13:14:08 PM »

The CHECKS, PLAIDS AND TARTANS sewalong is paddling along a little too quietly for my liking so I'll meet you over there later for a chat.

I've just posted my entry. :angel:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2020, 15:34:05 PM »
A beautiful day here and very warm.  Making the most of it and sitting outside.

Morrison’s delivery due soon but not too huge for us so shouldn’t take long to deal with.  Had some fabric arrive from Lamazi fabrics.  FaceTime chat with a friend this morning.  Think she’s as fed up as me.   

@Nevis5 hope you get to see your grandson even if it isn’t too close. We just keep telling ourselves it’s better that us and them are safe.  But it was lovely seeing our family last weekend.   Probably be the last time for quite a while. 

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2020, 20:48:38 PM »
I had a lovely afternoon cuddling lots of puppies.  Such a shame they all have homes to go to.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Lilian

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2020, 21:26:28 PM »

The CHECKS, PLAIDS AND TARTANS sewalong is paddling along a little too quietly for my liking so I'll meet you over there later for a chat. Be there and get square... sorry. :( I'll get my coat. It's tartan!!!!  :laughing:

Enjoy your Monday.

I haven't finished my plaids/checks yet, had a problem with my machine but all is fixed now so hopefully I'll get it done  :vintage:
Willing but not always able :)