The Sewing Place

Small purse

Vezelay

Small purse
« on: September 21, 2020, 22:39:18 PM »
I've abandoned my usual fat purse because these days all I carry with me anywhere is bank card, driver's licence, couple of €20 notes and a few coins. I made this to fit in my pandemic bag and jeans or jacket pocket. It's a quick and easy make and very useful! Even more minimalist would be @WildAtlanticWay's small zip pouch idea but I just fancied making this https://youtu.be/69WNaaazVTo  and can't resist any excuse to add a snap fastening.... I lost concentration at one point and my intended external fabric ended up as the lining! If I made another I might use stiffer interfacing.

A simple, basic make but it uses very little fabric - just FQ remnants - and it's a free tutorial.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

wrenkins

Re: Small purse
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 22:44:03 PM »
That's lovely @Vezelay. I love that fabric. Very seasonal.  :loveit:

ETA Little things like this would be ideal for our November and December sewalongs. Just sayin'! :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 08:19:09 AM by wrenkins »
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lilian

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 23:01:52 PM »
Ooh I love littles things like this - so cute and I like the outer fabric.  Thanks for the link I might make one  :)
Willing but not always able :)

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 08:09:31 AM »
@Vezelay  I like that, very much! It’s looks quite complicated though? Was it straightforward to put together?

Funnily enough, I was contemplating whether to buy the poppers set in Lidl yesterday but I couldn’t think what I’d use it for.... Oh dear  :)

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 09:17:59 AM »
Ooh, I like that, might have to try one... maybe...

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 11:34:51 AM »
Ooh nice, a proper purse instead of a wallet type. 
I don’t go anywhere to use a purse at the moment.  I think I still have a £10 note in there from March! :)

Vezelay

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 12:00:09 PM »
@Vezelay  I like that, very much! It’s looks quite complicated though? Was it straightforward to put together?

Funnily enough, I was contemplating whether to buy the poppers set in Lidl yesterday but I couldn’t think what I’d use it for.... Oh dear  :)

It's really straightforward @WildAtlanticWay and besides the tutorial is very clear and well explained imo. Everyone should have a snap set like this one which I'm sure will see me out 0_0. You might want to head straight straight back to Lidl before they sell out!

sewingj

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 13:01:34 PM »
@Vezelay have you read the "about this item" piece for that link? Apparently it improves posture and makes you more confident!

wrenkins

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 14:01:06 PM »
@Vezelay have you read the "about this item" piece for that link? Apparently it improves posture and makes you more confident!
I need me some of that.  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 14:04:09 PM »
I forgot to add that I like her YouTube channel and in particular, her bags re-using old denim jeans.

Another similar style channel is this one.

https://youtu.be/KPAk5RgauBQ

Vezelay

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 14:50:43 PM »

Well it certainly worked for me! :)

RJR_38

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2020, 21:39:19 PM »
That’s cute! I love making little purses like that. And you’re right - everyone needs a set of kam-snaps. You end up finding all sorts of uses for them....