The Sewing Place

The Sewing Place's Refashion and Repurpose Competition 2020

wrenkins

Re: The Sewing Place's Refashion and Repurpose Competition 2020
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2020, 07:13:24 AM »
Fiddling is fine.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Helen M

« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2020, 10:12:22 AM »
Will take pictures of a couple of items just in case I can think what I would like to make them into............
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2020, 12:03:53 PM »
I've got my pattern pieces together and realise that I don't quite have enough fabric to do what I had intended to do.  I could probably find another black item to cut up; but really need to decide what kind of top this is to be; I could add black velvet and make it an evening top, or plain cotton and let it be more of a day-time outfit.

Decisions, decisions.
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Iminei

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2020, 08:25:59 AM »
Im in and raring to go ... Youre allowed a lil cuttage before hand arent you ????

Heres My Entry so far ....

As ever click on the first pic, click on the i Icon to bring up the details to the right ...
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2020, 09:00:53 AM »
Well haven't you been a busy lil bee?!?!?!  0_0
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

BrendaP

« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2020, 09:11:53 AM »
I hope you are going to include all those buttons and labels  :button:  :button:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

cakeymcdoodle

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2020, 20:08:36 PM »
Finished work for the week  :toast:
Then I cut up my skirt before bed. It’s a lot faster cutting up clothes than sewing them.  0_0

cakeymcdoodle

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2020, 20:10:38 PM »
Nuts I meant to add my progress pic. Here it is:

Morzel

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2020, 08:45:01 AM »

Ever since I stumbled across this image more than a year ago, I thought about making a patchwork denim motojacket. I collected worn-out jeans from family and friends. I adjusted my TNT jacket pattern accordingly (I used the lapel and collar of the Burda motojacket pattern 03-119 #107). And then everything went on the back burner...

I finally started sewing three weeks ago - too early for this competition. Nevertheless I hope it is okay to share project pictures? Just for fun.

Iminei

« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2020, 16:54:45 PM »
6 strips of 10 pairs of squares and 2 single strips of 12 ...

Its got very very big and Im starting to dread the layering!

Lovely to sew and press tho' .. probably the only time I've (willingly) ironed HWMNBN's shirts.]6 strips of pairs of squares and 2 single strips ...
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2020, 11:44:03 AM »
Looks lovely @Iminei

I really liked the patchwork denim jacket idea and would like to see photos of that @Morzel .

I got various bits of things out but nothing particularly spoke clearly to me, so now I have a big mess but no clear ideas of what I want to make. Maybe if I edit colour wise I could make progress.
I did find a jumper dress (sweater dress) with 3/4 sleeves and a big polo neck that would be better being a cardigan, so maybe just focus on that!

wrenkins

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2020, 12:33:34 PM »
@Morzel I'll bet everyone will be delighted to watch progress on that one.  :loveit: It's a shame it's outside the deadlines.
@SewRuthieSews dress to cardi sounds a bit scary to me!
@Iminei how big?!?!?!  :o

Morzel

« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2020, 07:09:19 AM »
I started doodling around with the pattern for my white skirt to see how to do the alterations. I want at least 8, probably 10 inches off the bottom really. I put a bunch of rough tucks in the pieces. Will pin them in place soon and try some sort of tissue fit, eliminating the point in the process. I tucked along grainlines. Someone let me know if this could/should be done differently!
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I know its late to comment on this...
doing rough tucks does work, but might throw the balance off the skirt shape. I think I would have sewn this in a cheap fabric, then tucked a few times across the width as to get the shape right (where do I want this 'poking-outward-piece' to sit, do I want the length taken off more below that widest part or more above it etc.), sew those tucks down and then cut the skirt apart at the seams. Anyway, you have to measure all the seamlines carefully (and take the seamallowances into account) to make sure they are the same length.
I am looking very much forward to a shortened version of this skirt!

Eva

Morzel

« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2020, 07:13:16 AM »
@Iminei - there is a colour concept going on in your husbands closet. Makes it easier to use for a quilt... :) Love the use of the pockets on some squares!
Eva

Morzel

« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2020, 07:24:01 AM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  By the weekend I had the body if the jacket finished. I visited a friend and her industrial machine on wednesday to topstitch around the outer edge - those old full metall machine go through thick layers like it were butter...I later attached the sleeves and so its only the sleeveband that's missing on the jacket. But I think I will have to wait for another visit to the industrial machine - I am not sure if my regular one can tackle it well.
I was so happy to find a jeans waistband in my pile just the right length for the bottom band!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 07:28:03 AM by Morzel »
Eva