The Sewing Place

The Sewing Place's Refashion and Repurpose Competition 2020

Acorn

Re: The Sewing Place's Refashion and Repurpose Competition 2020
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2020, 21:47:30 PM »
@Lachica My comment wasn't aimed at you, but was just a reply to the question about Iminei's invisible image.

However, your images are large - the last one is over 2,000px wide, and the one before it is 1,500px wide.  The widest image that the forum can display is about 900px, so it scales down any larger images, but stores the full image on the server and load the full image before scaling it down.

That said, your images won't have caused the problems today, although they will have contributed to one of the factors that the hosts tell me cause our slowness.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lachica

« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2020, 22:07:43 PM »
Apologies, @Acorn, I'll attempt to reduce the image sizes.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

cakeymcdoodle

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2020, 06:38:32 AM »
@Lachica It sounds like everyone’s at it! There’s a thread in the Welcome Lounge about resizing pics. I found it pretty useful and I’ve just done it quickly on an app on my phone before posting each time. Doesn’t add much time unless you’re posting a few photos (because my app was free and has ads - I’m a cheapskate)!

SewRuthieSews

StitchinTime

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2020, 08:27:27 AM »
@Lachica I use an app called Snapseed to resize my photos which is free and available for Apple and Android. All I need to do is open the photo in the app and export it (with the export setting at 800px) and it saves the smaller version of the photo on my phone/tablet ready to be uploaded. It has a lot of other features should you want to edit the photo prior to exporting it.

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2020, 11:37:48 AM »
So I am going to combine this:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

With this, which I posted earlier:

Like this:

to create some type of t shirt. Thus has so far involved a lot of thinking and no sewing.

There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2020, 11:55:57 AM »
Look forward to seeing that @Goth Gardiner as it’s some interesting fabrics. 

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2020, 13:36:39 PM »
I've come up with a plan and am going to turn this jumper dress (sweater dress) into a cardigan with contrast bands and button closure.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2020, 16:57:51 PM »
@SewRuthieSews  Great minds!  I am hoping to turn my outgrown shrunken jumper into a snazzy cardigan.  I thought of it 2 years ago and last year I bought a FQ of Liberty fabric to do it with.  Just needing a bit of mojo.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Lachica

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2020, 17:14:19 PM »
Thanks @StitchinTime and @cakeymcdoodle . I've seen a thread on photo resizing but naively thought my pics were ok. Will apply myself to this ready for next photo upload. :facepalm:
Mary

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2020, 19:29:06 PM »
I am quite pleased with this.

I need to decide how to finish the neckline, which may mean changing the edging if the sleeves (currently using the original hem)

There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Lachica

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2020, 20:47:21 PM »
Very nice @Goth Gardiner
Mary

cakeymcdoodle

« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2020, 17:43:06 PM »
I sewed up most of my skirt pieces yesterday. The waist and hips fit really well but after that it is still too wide. I didn’t quite manage to narrow the pieces in proportion to the shortened length I think. But it is getting there. I will refashion the refashion!  0_0

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2020, 10:11:38 AM »
well I have cut nothing, but I have two refashion ideas which I have been investigating.
 :thinking:
I'm aware that there's not loads of October left (well 2 weeks).

- dress to cardigan option, either using the collar for bands or with contrast banding. Probably also buttons/buttonholes which are always fun in a knit.
- duvet cover to blinds, with added twist of a shibori dye effect. This is the one that I've been researching lots (but doing nothing!)

So we'll see if I manage to turn out either or neither of them in the next 2 weeks! I work full time and my immediate colleagues all have kids of various ages, so are planning time off over the various half terms, so I'll be covering extra stuff for the next couple of weeks.

Iminei

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2020, 10:33:42 AM »
Ive done nothing since layering last Saturday ??? Was it really only a week ago or the week before ???

Time apart from Fugitting like a fidgety thing on National fidget day has had no meaning recently But I MUST GET ON!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again