The Sewing Place

Wednesday September 23rd

wrenkins

Wednesday September 23rd
« on: September 23, 2020, 08:14:17 AM »
Morning all.

HEAR YE! HEAR YE! HEAR YE!
The October refashion, repurpose challenge is a gogo on the sewalongs and competitions board. Off you go and check it out.  :dance:

Back in a bit.

Enjoy your Wednesday.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

annieeg

Re: Wednesday September 23rd
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 08:30:56 AM »
Morning all
Dark and damp here weather-wise.  Did supermarket run yesterday and I'm hoping for a guilt-free afternoon working on some sewing this afternoon once the vacuuming is done.
Have a good day all

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 08:31:37 AM »
I am going to start tracing off the dressing gown pattern.  Give me strength and fortitude.
What goes around comes around.

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 08:37:59 AM »
Slept wonderfully til 8.30ish and am also feeling a bit more positive.

We had a successful MugRug swap with just two outstanding ... probably crossing eachother over the Atlantic as I speak ... It was a small and select swap this time amd We'll be bringing it back in the Spring with hopefully a lil more warning this time ... Oooops Mea Culpa!

Its cooler here in DDD and we had gentle rain overnight ... Im going to be putting Elvis through his paces today with a halftime break masquerading as a quick dash to the Post Office.

Have good Wednesdays peeps!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

wrenkins

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 08:38:00 AM »
Go for it @UttaRetch. Channel your inner glamourista!  :)
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 09:14:46 AM »
Cloudy and 15°C

@UttaRetch be a rebel and just use the pattern instead of taking all that time tracing it - I have patterns I've used multiple times and they are perfectly useable still.

So, today, waiting for my hard floor cleaner to arrive, then I'll clean the kitchen floor.

I may also start on a new padded jacket for grandson Clarry.  I have to confess to buying trousers and jumpers for him from Asda - £7 for three pairs of trousers and the same for three tops, hardly worth the effort of making them!

Pearl

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 09:24:49 AM »
It’s been a very stressful morning.  Won’t bore you with the details but now I’m having a little rest and listening to the sound of Mr P cleaning the kitchen.

Not in the mood for BOM quilting but toying with the idea of making Christmas place mats.  6, of course.

May go and visit my mum but am a little anxious as I have been in bubbles with a gazillion children in recent weeks.

Have a good day.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 09:28:34 AM by Pearl »

Greybird

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 09:29:40 AM »
Grand-daughter was born last night by caesarian! She's called Ashleigh (Ashley?) Judith and she weighed 6lb 8oz. OH can stop carrying the phone around with him now.

Very happy that the new regulations aren't going to prevent our trip to Yorkshire on Friday to see my daughter. Can't wait to see them and the new house.

I've just heard an email read out on a radio discussion programme which I'm pretty sure was from my son. He has some very odd ideas so I was relieved that it was a relatively sensible comment. I am going to crack on with the roman blinds for the garden room today. Not much more to do and they will be ready for hanging - when OH has put the tracks up! Hope you all have good days.

Pearl

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 09:36:08 AM »
Congratulations, @Greybird .   I’ve taught a lovely girl called Ashleigh so I am very fond of that spelling.

wrenkins

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 09:37:54 AM »

annieeg

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 09:44:20 AM »
@Greybird
Congratulations  :flower:

UttaRetch

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2020, 09:45:47 AM »
Cloudy and 15°C

@UttaRetch be a rebel and just use the pattern instead of taking all that time tracing

Not when you've paid £15 for a pattern (Vogues).  Actually tracing off gives me time to read the pattern as I go along and now that I have Swedish tracing paper, I won't be dealing with brittle misbehaving ordinary tracing paper.
What goes around comes around.

Lowena

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 10:02:54 AM »
@Greybird I'm glad they're using the correct spelling for a female.....far less confusing  :D
17 dull and damp. Gardening this morning as it is green waste tomorrow
Triumph of hope over experience :D

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2020, 10:04:22 AM »
Morning all!

Sunny this morning but a lot cooler, about 10°c.

Off to my sewing group this afternoon, just 5 of us, I think. I might cut out the fabric to make the purse that @Vezelay sewed the other day. I fancy having a go as it looks like a nice project to potter on with. Thank you @Vezelay.

Apparently, it’s going to be very windy overnight and tomorrow so I’ll have to make sure all the plant pots are moved to a sheltered site.

Congratulations @Greybird. How exciting.  :loveit:

Enjoy your day, wherever you are.

Sewingsue

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2020, 10:05:04 AM »
Congratulations, Greybird.

Cooler, but a lovely sunny morning.
C/H boiler service today, so I have just emptied the kitchen cupboard underneath it in case he needs access. Never happened yet, but I know the one year I don't...
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.