The Sewing Place

Wednesday September 23rd

Sewingsue

Re: Wednesday September 23rd
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2020, 13:40:02 PM »
C/H engineer has arrived - with mask - worn properly.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Iminei

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2020, 14:12:46 PM »
love babies <3 <3 once they turn 2 years old I lose interest :|

Does Robin know ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

justpottering

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2020, 14:22:09 PM »
Afternoon everyone
Delighted to hear of the safe arrival of your granddaughter @Greybird congratulations to all  :flower:
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Elnnina

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2020, 14:26:14 PM »
Congratulations on your new grand-daughter Greybird, do hope that the mother and new baby are both well and comfortable after such an ordeal.  Do hope that you can get up to see them both soon and enjoy all those cuddles.

Lowena

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2020, 14:33:04 PM »
love babies <3 <3 once they turn 2 years old I lose interest :|

Does Robin know ???

He certainly does :D I blame it on 35 years nursery and primary school teaching  :ninja:
Actually, as our eldest granddaughter turns 20 on Saturday and is talking about getting engaged.....would it be very wrong of me to hope for greatgrandchildren before too long? :devil:
Although, as the eldest of 4 she's probably had enough of babies herself  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Puzzler

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2020, 15:07:06 PM »
Congratulations @Greybird.   :flower:

Iminei

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2020, 15:20:15 PM »
My day has just turned from Myeh to worse ... I went upstairs to find Mei sleeping in 
Spoiler: show
 a wet and befouled bed
... my bed, under her fleecy, and hopefully absorbent, dressing gown and two thick towels put down for such instances ... Tho I must add she has never wet anywhere than her tray before ...

So washing in, thankfully it didnt penetrate further than the towels, bed stripped and Mei washed in the kitchen sink, she didnt much like that I can tell you but we cant have her smelling can we ??? Shes dried now and more washing in ...

Im worried about why that happened as I say its a first .... I could cry.... scratch that I am crying ... Sorry guys!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 15:23:16 PM by Iminei »

Lilian

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2020, 16:17:33 PM »
Oh @Iminei I know what that is like, try to keep calm and hope things get better  <3
Willing but not always able :)

Lowena

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2020, 16:32:43 PM »
@Iminei she's very old,if she's ailing then a visit to the vet asap is the only way forward <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Greybird

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2020, 16:36:43 PM »
I second the vet suggestion.

Apparently she's Ashley.

Iminei

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2020, 16:48:12 PM »
We went to the vet a month or so ago to investigate arthritis medicine for her.  I was allowed in the room (after insisting) but had to stand by the door (SDing) and Mei was obviously very confused and upset as to where she was and who was handling her and she got very stressed and started yowling horribly which continued on the way home ...

It cost £38 just to get through the door and in the end the side effects from any treatment, in my mind, would outweigh any benefits. Shes just vry old, got kidney disease,  as most all orientals do, has some amount of senile (feline) dementia and if I can give her a loving, warm, calm home until she passes I will.

It breaks my heart and I have to do this all on my own.... and sometimes, just sometimes, it all gets a bit much ... Sorry peeps for being a wimp ... I'm all cried out now so I'll put my big girls pants on.

Lilian

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2020, 16:56:06 PM »
You are not a wimp!  I do understand what you're going through, I had the same 18 months ago when my dog suffered terribly with heart failure, I am on my own too.  It is very hard but because you love her so much you will do whatever you can for her.  Maybe if you can, try to talk to the vet to get a better idea of what is happening.  It could be a one off, time will tell.  The current circumstances do make it difficult.  I was not allowed into the vet surgey at all this last few months when my new dog was a bit unwell.  Keep your chin up  <3
Willing but not always able :)

Pearl

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2020, 17:51:02 PM »
(((((Iminei))))  :hug:

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2020, 18:49:27 PM »
Congrats @Greybird how  lovely to have a granddaughter.  We have 4 boys!    :)

Very late today.  What a foul day weather wise.  The rain woke me about 3am.  Didn’t get back to sleep for hours.  DH made tea about 5 and I turned the alarm off as I wasn’t going to crawl out at 7.30 after that!   Probably be struggling to stay awake tonight.

Not a very exciting day.  Miffed that we couldn’t  sit outside for the first time in ages.  Have finished a long sleeved top for youngest grandson.  The coverstitching  on the neckline took me 3 attempts to get it right.   :faints:  Then I find I don’t have any Kam  snaps the right size so will have to wait a few days. 

Stitches

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2020, 19:53:49 PM »
Been busy moving furniture about today as OTT are coming out tomorrow to see where hubby will be sleeping and what Aides we will need. Did some quilting this afternoon on a special quilt
Congratulations @Greybird
sewing in sunny Norfolk