The Sewing Place

Wednesday September 23rd

hernibs

Re: Wednesday September 23rd
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2020, 10:08:50 AM »
Congratulations @Greybird - a new little life is so so pleasing after a sadness....may she bring you much joy in the years to come.

maliw

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2020, 10:11:54 AM »
Good morning, rain, rain and more rain, a good day for sewing methinks or me thought until OH decided that it was a good idea to go looking for another car so we're off to Liverpool.
Congratulations @Greybird a lovely new granddaughter wonderful.
We may be looking after DGD2 tomorrow as DD who usually looks after her (she is DS's daughter) has a stomach bug and so has DGS1 so he is off school. We can't all meet up in our house but we can look after grandchildren if parents are working so seems like a good excuse ;)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

hernibs

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2020, 10:23:14 AM »
Morning everyone - it is dull at the moment but I think we will have some sunshine.....it seemed to be the coldest night of the autumn condensation on our bedroom window - that's a first.
Have to make a 'modern' card for a 50 year old woman....started it last night - it's coming along ok.

Not much else to report...maybe some more knitting - another package for my next two projects arrived from Wool Warehouse yesterday - lovely yarn for a 'denim' sweater (light denim) and two sets of charm squares (economical variety, not Oxshotts this time) of plain dark red and dark green - Christmas mug rugs for a few customers if there are any customers left by then to give to....also needed some plains to match with tasteful patterned squares I already have.

Have a good day all....we need lots of 'good' days to get us through the next 'six months' !!!!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 10:24:45 AM by hernibs »

Silver Rose

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2020, 10:26:41 AM »
Congratulations @Greybird
It is rather cloudy and damp here, not a lot of rain has fallen overnight. Feeling rather lacklustre today and really stiff so won't be doing much. My friend will be bringing some shopping for me and I'll try to have a walk around our little close with him later.
Have a good day.
Still learning

Gernella

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2020, 10:29:44 AM »
Sat having my coffee, sorted banking out, got a parcel coming that I can't redirect until the delivery has failed :(

I was painting the ceiling and had a good day yesterday and left a corner to allow lots of time to clean up.  Monday I mentioned painting and himself said not going out because the forecast was rain.  So this morning got half dressed in my paint 'scrubs'.  He's just rolled in and asked where we are going, then swears blind he never said he was not going out and getting stroppy with it.  I mean, a top with a big paint splodge on the front should have given the game away earlier.

Never mind, I'm flexible, you have to be with men.  So with the dregs of my coffee waiting for them to open so I can book a table.

It is grey and now there are spots of rain on the window, still I shan't be lunching in a layby so that's a plus
Stash extension 2020 -23 meters
Left at the end of 2019 - 39 meters

maliw

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2020, 10:33:19 AM »
Just had a phone call from DD, someone in DGS's class has tested +ve so DGS has to self isolate until the beginning of October, nobody else in the family has to and DGD can still go to school. Mmmm  - how does a 4 year old get to school if brother  aged 5, has to be isolated, when daddy starts work at 7am? Mummy can't split herself in two. Also an upset stomach is an early sign in children that they may have the virus apparently. :thinking: :thinking:
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Catllar

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2020, 10:34:32 AM »
Congratulations @Greybird  hope she and mum are well! 

We've been out of touch for the past few days as internet has been down - makes me realise just how dependant I am on it!

Sunny and warm, got some washing out. Going out for lunch and I might just have a glass of something bubbly ( not Coca-cola!)

MrC told me he had planned a surprise few days away in Prague for my birthday but it got cancelled for some reason or another.  :thinking:

Had some lovely gifts and cards but present from LGD  has so far taken 10 days to not arrive. I got a message saying it will be delivered to our local Post Office on Friday for me to collect - just hope it's not a puppy in the box! We don't have Post Office deliveries to our house as they are "not allowed" to drive up our private lane so anything too big to fit in the box at the bottom of the hill gets shipped off to the PO and cuts mean the PO is only open on weeks that don't contain a Monday - grrrrr!

@maliw sounds like they're making it up as they go along.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

twopence

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2020, 10:44:07 AM »
@maliw it does sound wrong.  Surely if one member of a family has to isolate then so do the rest.

@Greybird lovely that she has finally arrived though with more help than originally thought.  I hope they are both well.

We’ve had rain here so got up slowly but it’s brightening up now so will be off in a bit.  Not sure to where but may pop in to socially visit in my cousin’s garden if it stays dry.

Have good days everyone.

Kenora

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2020, 10:48:30 AM »
Congratulations on the arrival of your new granddaughter, @Greybird . <3
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Ellabella

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2020, 10:52:09 AM »
Congratulations @Greybird, a new baby is a new start :D

hernibs

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2020, 10:52:32 AM »
Just back for a second time - wondering if there is such a thing as this:-

Is there a little ditty which one can write out (or print) and slip into the pocket of the mug rugs I make to explain what they actually are - some of my customers (and friends for that matter) will not be aware of what they are.....and a little 'explanation' slipped into it would do the trick.....do tell !!

(Should have put this in the competition thread...mods, move if you wish)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 10:54:18 AM by hernibs »

BrendaP

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2020, 11:06:25 AM »
@maliw it does sound wrong.  Surely if one member of a family has to isolate then so do the rest.

GD had symptoms, no tests available so they all had to isolate.  She was back at school on Monday, the others in the household not back to school/work until tomorrow.

This morning started with a text from DD3 (the one who's isolating) asking if I could make some more face masks as the girls now have to wear them on the busses and at school so they need several per day each and are not allowed bright colours, prints or logos.

So I have collected some elastic and a bit of black and navy fabric from DD1 (actually from GD as who's home alone on her day off because her mum and dad went away yesterday, after waiting to hear what Boris had to say, and then made a last minute booking for a few days away.)  Then I collected a couple of outgrown teeshirts from DD1 to use for the linings.  Masked up and doorstep only, though by now they are almost certainly not infected.

Coffee mug is empty now, so down to cutting out masks.

Congratulations to @Greybird The little on will be blissfully unaware of all the horridness around at the moment.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Greybird

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2020, 12:17:53 PM »
Thank you all for sharing in my happiness! @Lowena I have no idea what the spelling is - I only have it from OH's telephone conversation last night and it didn't occur to him to ask!

Lilian

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2020, 12:39:25 PM »
only just read this Congratulations @Greybird  :toast:
Willing but not always able :)

Lowena

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2020, 13:19:18 PM »
Hopefully it's Ashleigh for a girl and Ashley for a boy. Otherwise they have to keep spelling it all their lives :D
I love babies <3 <3 once they turn 2 years old I lose interest :|
Triumph of hope over experience :D