The Sewing Place

Friday 25th

Catllar

Friday 25th
« on: September 24, 2020, 23:20:49 PM »
Well it is for me! Just got home from dancing where the girls had organised a surprise birthday party for me with cake and champagne and presents  and the card they wrote made me quite emotional. I was very touched.

Friday proper ( after I've been to bed) has a trip to the foot doctor - oh the joy and romance. I am going to the Mairie to see if I can get anywhere with my ID papers and passport - only been going on since January so mustn't rush, but still ---- :faints:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Iminei

Re: Friday 25th
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 07:10:09 AM »
Good morning and its now Autumn proper, the heating has decreed it! So sitting here looking at whats been going on in the world (on the telly) and much more importantly TSP world.

Nothing much more to say, Mei alive, Me alive looks like its going to be a nice one in DDD ... Oh and once again, its Bin Day!!! 

Have good Fridays Peeps!!! :dance:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Stitches

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 07:13:54 AM »
Morning .Been raining all night and blowing a gale .off to hosptail later this morning.
sewing in sunny Norfolk

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 08:05:01 AM »
It's pouring with rain.  I need food and notions for the dressing gown that I have finally finished tracing off from the pattern tissue.
What goes around comes around.

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 08:15:46 AM »
Im up, washed, almost dressed and off to the Post Office (Incoming one of you) and to the Shop for carpet cleaner  :S
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 08:34:50 AM »
I’m up.. but that’s about it. Sewing on the cards today.

Nevis5

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 08:44:58 AM »
Morning all.  Today is my darling son's 34th birthday.  He's had a hell of a year, bless him but he's still smiling.   I won't see him until (maybe) Monday but that's OK. 

The sun has just struggled through the clouds but it's blowing a gale and has been raining most of the night.  I'd intended to go out for an early morning walk and am now regretting the fact that I stayed in bed.  Sigh.  Always the way  :headbang:  I should just get up and DO IT.    However the heating has kicked in so I'm thinking it's a tad chilly out there.

I'm popping out this morning to the local garden centre to meet up with a friend I haven't seen since March.  Hopefully we'll be able to find a spot in the coffee shop which isn't too busy and/or out in the open.  Then it's back to the sewing room later and an attempt to finish off those dratted masks for DD.  The fabric for her new tunics is dry now so that's next on the sewing list.

Enjoy your day all xx

Pearl

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 09:26:54 AM »
Good morning.

No call again this morning.  Not too disappointed as I can get on with my place mats and I am a bit anxious about going to different schools and mixing with hundreds of different people. 

I’ve arranged to meet my friend for coffee.  We met once for a socially distanced walk during lockdown but we usually meet regularly for a coffee and to put the world to rights, so it will be good to see her.

Have a good day, all.

Silver Rose

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 09:32:34 AM »
Morning, brrr it is raining and chilly and I'm glad I haven't got to go out anywhere. @Iminei , I found Rug Doctor cleaner just the job for any Cosmo :meow: accidents. Just texted shopping list to my friend for delivery later, he really is s gem especially like yesterday when I just couldn't get into my swimsuit without a tantrum, he calmed me down and helped me put it on. He can share my slightly curried carrot and apple soup I made yesterday. Have a good day all.
Still learning

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2020, 09:35:18 AM »
Raining, windy, and - crikey! - only 8°C out there.

Supposed to be going to dog agility this morning, but guessing it will be an obedience session in the barn instead.

Celia

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2020, 09:49:18 AM »
Good morning everyone, cold cold cold, must find winter quilt. 
After a very long story my proper birthday present arrived yesterday , hopefully this time it is the right one, it is a new very small table top loom but it is kit form (too expensive otherwise) so am hoping him indoors is going to help me put it together today.
Sons birthday this weekend and I actually made him a card. :faints:

Gernella

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 10:08:48 AM »
Very breezy but some sun and blue sky.  Bit on the nippy side though, another radiator has gone one.  The boiler service man has still not been, sods law he will turn up on a freezing cold day.

Morrisons early, forgot to give him back 25 carrier bags as specified in their email I could start sending back.  On the initial bill there was a charge of 30p for bags but that's gone on the final bill.

I think I'm going to to have a morning off from painting and start this afternoon, the easy bit starts now.

Sat here ruminating I was thinking by this time last year DH would have had me wondering around Morrisons on a Friday morning.   It seemed strange at first, I missed it, but now, I'm getting to like it.

Oh and it's payday, haven't got the slip yet but it's in the bank:)
Stash extension 2020 -23 meters
Left at the end of 2019 - 39 meters

justpottering

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 10:22:14 AM »
Morning everyone. sunny but blimming ccccold as a cold thing

Been up early doing some more dad stuff, financials mostly, it has to be done. Still in a daze. To be expected I suppose.
Not sure what the rest of the day will be, I just go with the flow at the moment, not making plans as such because I don't know how I will feel in the next minute.

I hope you are all well
Have good days all whatever you get up to and stay safe and well.
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Lowena

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 10:35:18 AM »
Cold wet and windy here.
Sainsbos is calling me but so is another coffee....my 4th and I've only been up an hour :drink:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

LeilaMay

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 10:54:31 AM »
Cool and windy here too. Repairing a 1950's sewing basket I bought in a charity shop before lock-down, then staring the 2nd xmas quilt. MUST do the basket, even though I'm not really enthused, but I need to get it done and off my cutting table  :)