The Sewing Place

in search of faux sheepskin

sewmuchmore

in search of faux sheepskin
« on: September 25, 2020, 17:14:29 PM »
Anyone seen any? i am looking for something that is a bit more realistic that the so called shearing i have seen that turns out to be just fleece.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Surest1tch

Re: in search of faux sheepskin
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 19:54:07 PM »
What are you wanting it for? If it's some sort of garment the only thing that springs to my mind is Sherpa fleece.

Surest1tch

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 20:00:28 PM »
@sewmuchmore What are you wanting it for? If it's some sort of garment the only thing that springs to my mind is Sherpa fleece or after a search I found this if this is the kind of thing you're after
https://www.activefabrics.co.uk/faux-fur/shaun-0-5m.html

sewmuchmore

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 20:09:06 PM »
It is for a sleeveless jacket type thing and i was hoping to get some sort of suedey type fabric with a fleece backing.

Janet

Gernella

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

wrenkins

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 20:36:55 PM »
Found this.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Gernella

Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Gernella

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 20:45:01 PM »
Bugger, same :laughing:

wrenkins

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 20:50:52 PM »
Great minds @Gernella  :laughing:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 20:56:31 PM »
Well Abakhan always used to have a good selection of nice faux shearling in their remnant bins but I've only been in the Manchester shop once in the last 6 months (   :'( :'( :'( ) so I couldn't tell you what's available alas. I guess we aren't so keen on in person fabric shopping trips at the moment although we love the experience. Sigh!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

sewmuchmore

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 17:49:44 PM »
@Gernella @wrenkins That is the sort of thing i am thinking of and i did see this on eBay but not sure about the colour. A small sample is £2 (but £2.50 on their own website) which, if i am honest is a bit steep for a sample.

Janet

wrenkins

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 18:24:52 PM »
£2.50 for a sample?!?!?!? You could get a fat quarter for that!  :o

Tamnymore

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 10:12:38 AM »
It's not really exactly the same thing but for anyone who wants the suede but without the fluffy stuff the Textile Centre has some very nice faux suede. I have some of the silvery grey and have just ordered some black - planning to use it for that new Vogue moto jacket pattern. They have a 20% sale at the mo. I'll be all zips and 'leather' - Hell's Grannies!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde