The Sewing Place

Saturday 26th September

Stitches

Saturday 26th September
« on: September 26, 2020, 06:37:12 AM »
Morning, Still wet and very windy. Power back on just put heating on :faints: its cold. Going to hosptal this morning.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 10:05:07 AM by Iminei »
sewing in sunny Norfolk

Ploshkin

Re: Saturday 26th September
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 06:45:48 AM »
Good morning @Stitches and everyone else when they emerge.
It's dark out there but I cant hear any wind and rain.
I'm looking forward to pizza and chocolate cheesecake tonight.  Our neighbours are cooking and delivering to raise money for charity.  I think they've got a pizza oven and haven't been able to use it for any social gatherings.  So, no cooking tonight. :)
Life's too short for ironing.

wrenkins

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 07:16:03 AM »
Morning all.
Been awake since four something so it'll soon be nap time no doubt. There's some critical timing between being ready to slump back under the covers and the coffee kicking in. Miss that and your day is gone.  :)
I seem to be very excited about something but I've no idea what. Chicken and ham pie for tea? Pressure hosing my guttering?? Working out how to do a boat out of fabric??? Who knows?
The forecast is for blazing sunshine and 12° or a bit cloudy and 12°. I'll take either.  :)
Pizza and chocolate cheesecake. I'd pay good money for that.  :P
Take it easy @Stitches:hug:
Enjoy your Saturday.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Puzzler

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 07:49:05 AM »
I finally caved and put the CH on to take the chill off the house. I don’t know what I will end up doing today, possibly nothing.

Silver Rose

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 07:54:49 AM »
It is cold and windy and I have put the heating on, I try to wait until October but not this year. So warmer trousers and jumpers will be worn.. If it doesn't rain then a bit a walk this afternoon and coffee and cake later. I have got halfway through "Tombland" as I had a lazy day yesterday so some housework needs to be done
Have a good day everyone.
Still learning

annieeg

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 07:58:36 AM »
Chilly and overcast here.  Will try and tidy the greenhouse a bit today, then shopping this afternoon.  We had the log burner on last night as it was so cold in the living room as I've avoided turning the heating on, but I think it may well be switched on this weekend, even though it's not quite October yet. 
Have a good day all.   (I hope the pizza and chocolate cheesecake is very good.)

Sandra

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 08:19:42 AM »
It's bright and sunny here and the wind's completely dropped from yesterday.

I have one sewing job to finish off today...just one job, which was all I got from the Dry Cleaner.  :S
It won't be collected until Tuesday or Wednesday so I might ignore it for now.
Work's gone very quiet. Should I be concerned?  -<

So I'm not sure what I'll do today. I'll find something.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

Pearl

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 08:38:25 AM »
Good morning.  Cold but sunny.

Taking DD to piano in a while, then place mats and, inspired by Lowena’s thread, tidying the sewing room.  I can’t bring myself to throw away left over wool or fabric, but I might bag it up in case school wants it.

Cooking and delivering pizza and cheesecake is a great way to raise money for charity.  Much better than running 5k.   :)

Have a good day, all.

Efemera

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 09:07:27 AM »
It’s our online craft meet up today...I’ll be finishing sewing a cardigan.

sewingj

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 09:20:20 AM »
I`m going to try to strip off some wallpaper where we are having new radiators fitted on Wednesday.  Hopefully a steamer will do the trick but I`ve discovered that some of the paper has been stuck down with PVA!
We also heard yesterday that the new roof is going on the conservatory next week so need to prepare for that (it was meant to be happening in August)
Attempting to be a Tailor of Gloucester

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 09:23:17 AM »
Cloudy and very wafty still, 8°C.  The heating has come on, it's always set for 8 - 10am, then 4 - 9pm, but set on thermostats, so I wouldn't even know how to switch it off.  Just turn the main thermostat down when we go on holiday, simples.
We didn't go to dog class yesterday, as it was raining and it would have meant being indoors.  Today though we are going to a poodle (and poodle mixes) play session up near Grimsby, the woofbags will love it, they have so much fun playing with others of their own breed, it's funny how they know their own type.
I just need to put some poppers on the little padded jacket I made yesterday for my grandson, but no rush as parcel post goes at 10.30am today so no chance of sending it off this morning!

BrendaP

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 09:24:49 AM »
Bright but chilly here, and the central heating went on yesterday.

I was due to go to the monthy art group meeting but with the increasing number of covid infections I think the time has come to stop going again, also I really don't think that they will be able to keep the groups of six strictly separated, and if they do it won't be the same.  :(

So, I might do some painting at home, I might do some sewing ...
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Gernella

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 09:55:20 AM »
Well first load of washing in so that's me started for another Saturday.  Looks good outside but there is a biting wind, so I am told, I don't put my nose out.

When I first got married, my morning consisted of washing with a twin tub (mum swore by them but then went and got an automatic), followed by baking, followed by cleaning.  I often wonder if it was because his mother lived next door.

I had soooo much energy then.  I've also this morning bought some fabric, Clothspot have 10% off, I wanted to some lovely black and pink but himself is a black hater.  I shall continue watching though although I have seen some stuff he would like elsewhere.  Just a question of money :thinking:

Radiators are on and off, we have heating on day and night so adjust the radiators depending on the  room and the temperature outside.
Stash extension 2020 -23 meters
Left at the end of 2019 - 39 meters

wrenkins

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 10:09:59 AM »
@sewingj as a Saturday girl in the paint and decor department in the shop where I wore an orange pinny the two most frequent problems we came up against by a country mile were 'I've taken wallpaper off, it's taken some paint off underneath, how do I fix the wall?', and 'my borders are stuck on with border adhesive, how do I get them off without knocking the wall down?'. If I'd had an easy answer to either question I'd be a very wealthy woman.
If you're using a steamer you'll need to break the surface of the border to let the steam in. There used to be a roller tool with loads of little spikes for it but I haven't seen one for years. The face of vinyl wallpaper/border is plastic so if you don't puncture it somehow the water just runs off. After that steam and leave to soak have a cuppa, do whatever and then steam some more and if necessary leave to soak some more. The steamer will help but there is no quick way I'm afraid.  :(
Another tip I gave people, and they laughed because they thought I was joking, is that women are not designed to work above their heads and find it very difficult and uncomfortable for prolonged periods. This is a fact and it's due to the fact that our centre of gravity is higher to allow for pregnancy. Try and get a man to spell you for the scraping. Good luck.
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Iminei

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 10:15:00 AM »
Slept til 9.30 !!!!!! I have no idea why tho I suppose I was up late watching the iNXS documentary .. -<

Its a Beeeeautiful day out there so Ill walk down to get the paper and then ????? God Life is Dull, Dull, Dull!

Am giving up on the shop idea as having 'sold' just two coasters over two months it really doesnt seem to be working and quite frankly my Dears, I'm out of dosh!

Mei alive, Me alive ... nothing else to report.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again