The Sewing Place

Lutterloh Demo Create & Craft today

annieeg

Lutterloh Demo Create & Craft today
« on: September 27, 2020, 10:21:32 AM »
I know this has been discussed before, but my interest was triggered again by a demo on C&C TV this morning by Sarah Payne.  She did make it look quite simple.....
Does anyone use this system ?

Efemera

Re: Lutterloh Demo Create & Craft today
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 11:31:37 AM »
No, but I’ve got pattern books from the 40s, 50s and 70s.
I keep meaning to have a go but never quite get around to it.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 12:53:35 PM »
No, although I do have the kit.  My mum bought it at a show donkeys years ago.  She never used it and handed it to me when I was doing C&G.  I think the pattern book that’s with it is very 80's but there’s one or two styles that might be ok.  The trouble is that even with this there will still be some fitting and adjustments to be made.  I generally use my own patterns and if I want something new I trace those off and adjust those.  I know they fit so it’s easier and quicker. 
Unfortunately there is no system that will generate a pattern that will fit absolutely perfectly straight away.  They all work on measurements but can’t really take into account things like posture and shape. 
I had a discussion with my tutor some years ago about software and she said we should all save our money.  We had learned pattern drafting with pencil and paper so why waste money on something that does the same thing and still have the fit problems? 

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 14:21:23 PM »
I went to a live demo at one of the Knitting & stitching shows.  I wasn't all that taken with the system, but was able to buy an expanding buttonhole spacer as Lutterloh uses it as one of the tools.

Kwaaked

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 16:08:48 PM »
Yes.  A pair of pants I made for a contest here was from Lutterloh.