The Sewing Place

Addi clicks

Ellabella

Addi clicks
« on: October 19, 2020, 13:52:33 PM »
Does anybody use Addi clicks interchangeable needles?

I’ve been using Knitpro for some time but am fed up of them undoing, no matter how firmly I fit them originally.

I bought a really cheap set of bamboo non interchangeables to put me on but I do prefer interchangeables if possible.

I thought a set of new ones could go on my Christmas present list and I’ve just seen that they have an ingenious cable that inserts a lifeline if you need it.

Kenora

Re: Addi clicks
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 14:03:14 PM »
Can't help you with the Addi needles (although I've heard they're excellent) but I do use KnitPro Nova interchangeables and have never had them come undone. :o I just wondered whether you use the little wire hook thingy that goes through a hole in the connector to help you tighten them up really firmly? Sorry if I'm stating the obvious. :facepalm: The only problem I've ever had with mine has been the metal tip having a slight roughness to it, but other than that I've been very happy with them. Hopefully somebody else will have some info on Addi's for you. :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 14:16:20 PM by Kenora »
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 15:53:02 PM »
I have a couple of sets of Addi, but they are not interchangeable, so not much help.

I've also had a problem with the KnitPro Zing needles, and they are awful.  They undo, and they catch on the yarn.  I bought them because I have a set of basic KnitPro interchangeables and have had no problem at all with them, just plain aluminium, no fancy colours.

I replaced the Zing interchangeables with HiyaHiya, and they are better.  But, the screw system is different to the KnitPro, so they can't be swapped around.

Hope this helps.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 17:29:04 PM »
I've got Knit Pro Symphonie interchangeables.  They have never come undone and they are gorgeous and smooth (beech wood) and nothing catches at all at the join.  I've not had any need or desire to try an alternative make and I never use anything else now.
Life's too short for ironing.

Celia

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 23:03:20 PM »
Ok I will chip on I use Chiaogo interchangeable and find they are great but I also have not tried the Addi ones.