The Sewing Place

Another baby jumper

Bodgeitandscarper

Another baby jumper
« on: September 30, 2020, 21:27:43 PM »
Knitted on my Brother 881, using the knitleader for the first time, once I'd taken the machine apart (twice) and got it to work properly. 
It's a 4 ply acrylic, done in a tuck stitch.

Just hope it fits, it's always guesswork, my daughter never sends me any measurements even though I ask!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 21:30:51 PM by Bodgeitandscarper »

Acorn

Re: Another baby jumper
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 21:34:04 PM »
That's gorgeous.   0_0
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 21:53:37 PM »
Lovely...

Syrinx

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 22:08:37 PM »
and here's me hand knitting mosty bamboo wool (slippy bugger), hoping to get finished by the end of the month!

Looks wonderful! Love that stitch.

Celia

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 22:52:15 PM »
Lovely, makes me want to get my knitting machine out even more.

Ellabella

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 22:56:07 PM »
Lovely, I like the colour.

Missie

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 08:11:26 AM »
and here's me hand knitting mosty bamboo wool (slippy bugger), hoping to get finished by the end of the month!

But Bamboo wool is just so delicious!

@Bodgeitandscarper that is a beautiful jumper and the stitch is lovely.

Sakar

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 08:53:57 AM »
What a nice jumper!!  0_0 I really like the colours!  :flower:

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 09:34:51 AM »

Looks wonderful! Love that stitch.
@Syrinx I thought of you saying you hoped to knit two before Christmas - I love the speed pf machine knitting, one jumper in about 4 hours (including faffing time and going-wrong-and-undoing time).  0_0

Syrinx

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 09:36:53 AM »
hahaha I currently have 6cm of the back of jumper number one. I'm not the fastest knitter, but this bamboo wool (lovely as it is) slows me down. Not to mention the fact it's a cable knit and on weeny needles!

I've always been in awe of those knitting machines. I am quite jealous!

annieeg

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2020, 10:50:34 AM »
@Bodgeitandscarper   Lovely jumper and I - too - am in awe of those able to use a knitting machine.
Out of interest how much table space does a knitting machine (e.g., your Brother 881) take up?
Annie

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2020, 10:12:08 AM »
@annieeg  Sorry, I briefly saw this yesterday, then completely forgot to answer!

My Brother 881 is 42" wide, and then needs about another 9" either end for the carriage to get to the end of the needles.  They need a fairly sturdy base, and they clamp to the edge of the table, so you wouldn't want them on your best dining table.
I have one on a knitting machine cabinet (known as The Coffin, it's huge!) and I also have a knitting machine table that has folding legs for easy storage.  Ideally, you need to be able to set the machine up somewhere and leave it, they are a bit unwieldy to keep setting up and taking down, especially if you have a ribber attached too.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2020, 11:36:29 AM »
i forgot to take pics of the last two chunky jumpers I made, but here's a pic of little Clarry wearing one.  It's King Cole Drifter yarn that magically makes a kind of fairisle pattern all on it's own.  I think it looks a bit too "grown-up", but my daughter likes it.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]